What to buy? Thrower ala M3LT old style optic?

Lodogg2221

Newly Enlightened
Hi all.
Sending my M3LTS back to Surefire.
I wanted a thrower, and the new optic has taken one of the best aspects of the KX9T head and done away with it.
Its much more flood and much less throw than it was.
Now I didnt have the previous version, but Ive seen reviews/beamshots. Mine is VERY similar to my R1 Lawman in throw. Less spill, but not much more throw.

Anyway, I want something that will throw. Should I wait around for an older M3LT or M6LT? I like the two mode though...lol.
Or maybe a Malkoff Hound Dog? Ive never seen one of these, or even many beamshots, so I dont know if its a thrower or not, but I did read people asking about the older M3LT as compared to it.
Or maybe I should just get a Catapult?

Anything else Im missing?

yowzer

Enlightened
I have a Catapult and an old-style M3LT, and the latter has all but replaced the former for me. It's smaller and lighter and has a better UI (I'm not a fan of forward clickies cycling through modes, and my Catapult has this issue where if you bump it just right when it's on, it'll change modes). In the Catapult's favor, I have a nifty diffusor cap for it, and it has better run time thanks to the 2x18650 battery configuration versus 3xCR123. But I'm still on my M3LT's first set of batteries and I've been using it a fair amount since August....

Throw-wise, they're pretty similar, with the Catapult having more spill a la that new-style optic that Surefire's started using, but the Surefire is a little better at lighting up something in the distance.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the Armytek Barracuda. I think it'll be my next purchase, which will fill my "thrower" role. Seems to get good reviews online.