My New Lenslight KO 2X123 Delta Grip Titanium

Per-Sev

Enlightened
I just picked up my second Lenslight KO, this time I went all out and got the newest version with the new tail cap and LED for more power and better battery life. It will run 2.2hrs on high at 440 lumens and 80 hrs on low at 5-10 lumens, I have seen it listed between 5-10 lumens on low so I don't know which one for sure. On low its bright enough to do most things you would need in a power failure and I use low setting most of the time inside.

I am not expert on all the lingo used here I just buy what I think sounds like a good light and since I have been carrying the Aluminum KO for over a year I figured if they improved it that it must be great because my original one has never failed me. Here are some specs on the light.

1) High Impact Hardened Optical Glass Lenses – protects the LED from the toughest of conditions and diligently bends the light much like a magnifying glass to ensure maximum brightness, distance, and efficiency. But don't let the durability of a glass lens fool you, these lenses have been vigorously tested and designed to withstand excessive abuse while retaining optimal performance.

2) Patented Focusing Aspherical Lens System – This patented technology allows for a significant array of focusing options ranging from a flood to spot beam. This ensures that the perfect focus setting is available whether you are concentrating the light hundreds of yards away, or simply lighting up an object nearby.

3) Titanium 6AL-4V- domesticaly sourced aerospace grade titanium. DFARS certified.

4) McClicky Momentary Activation On/Off Switch – This reliable easy to use tailcap switch enables the LensLight Mini's 2-stage microprocessor to power the flashlight at either an efficient low setting or high output level for maximum brightness. Simply press down once for low setting, press again for high setting, or simply press all the way down for constant-on.

5) Light Emitting Diode –A premium exclusive high-tech, high-efficiency LED is used to emit astonishing power that is untouchable by any other light. This everlasting LED is sure to exert enough luminosity to stop any and everything in its track. Now that's what you call an LED!

6) Premium Grade O-Rings- LensLight Mini contains 6 strategically placed O-rings throughout the flashlight to seal and protect the lights internals from dust, moisture, and any other micro-substance that it may come in contact with. This ensures that the LensLight performs at maximum efficiency at all times and your investment last a lifetime.

7) 2X CR123 Batteries – powered using two CR123 or RCR123 batteries.

8) Titanium Pocket Clip

9) Delta Grip- Delta engraved grip pattern for rotary focus operation. This high grip texture is engraved on a high frequency 50,000RPM spindle, 4-Axis CNC mill. This ensures quality and precision depths for multi-directional grip.

10) Tailstand Backcap- Allowing the user to stand their LensLight facing up.

(2) CR123 or RCR123 Batteries

Patented Focusable Aspheric Lens System

Titanium 6AL4V Construction (domestic materials only)

2-Stage Clicky Tail Cap Switch (low: 5 lumens/high: 440 lumens)

High Tolerance American CNC Machining

Double Lens - high impact hardened glass

Chem-Kote Contacts and Heat sink

Aerospace Grade Thermal Potting and Flow Management

Weather Proof/Water Resistant

Premium Bin High CRI CREE XPG-2 LED

Fully Regulated Light Engine

here are a couple pics.

The first two pics are off there website I have not had a chance to take any other pics yet.
cb9edecc0faadf723b9852bab7a826fd_zpsb2a66e34.jpg

926e606f583ce6b0523c12fad5c96136_zpsec956694.jpg

f55ee1f81c51470487a3d0afc4da85eb_zpscf6a6a56.jpg

For comparison here is my Aluminum KO with a ti strike bezel. Note the tail cap on the aluminum light you can't tail stand it on there new lights once the get production going it will be on all there light or maybe a option
ea6a732c9aa17e9b45b348d94ec7f662_zps5e8469ef.jpg

Last edited:

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice to see that it has a real metal clip instead of that awful Delrin clip they seemed so proud of.

Per-Sev

Enlightened
Nice to see that it has a real metal clip instead of that awful Delrin clip they seemed so proud of.
The clip your referring to is only on the Mini model not the KO 2 cell.

very nice man, good buy!

I'm hoping to buy a LL KO 2x123 (black or tan) in January
keep a eye out for when they start offering the new LEDs and the new tail cap Cory told me it should be around the beginning of the year or so, you know how that goes its never out when you want it. I have used my black KO everyday for over a year and only changed battery's about 4 times but I do use the low setting more than the high unless I'm outside and need some throw. The black one now will be just put away and saved for emergencies and the new titanium one will be my EDC. If you buy a tan one I have a new strike bezel that I will give you a great deal on I have no use for it I don't even have a tan light, long story but if you need one let me know.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have any idea what the new leds would be? They seem to have upgraded to XP-G2 Hi-CRI currently.

Per-Sev

Enlightened
Have any idea what the new leds would be? They seem to have upgraded to XP-G2 Hi-CRI currently.
I am no expert on this but the specs show mine is Premium Bin High CRI CREE XPG-2 LED. Cory told me this is the one they will be using from now one. The beam is better and in spot setting its cleaner looking, the older ones when you focus down to the smallest spot you will see some grid lines but with the new LED they are gone. Like is said I'm no expert on beam quality I just happen to like being able to adjust the beam and it lights up a wall in flood mode and looks pretty natural to me. The colors of the walls or what ever I'm using it for looks like it should and does not appear to have that blue tint like some do. Hope that helps some.

photonmaster

Banned
This does look like an epic light.

It should take 18650 though. CR123 are expensive and wasteful and RCR123 have poor capacity.

Per-Sev

Enlightened
This does look like an epic light.

It should take 18650 though. CR123 are expensive and wasteful and RCR123 have poor capacity.
I have no idea what all the different battery numbers you guys are talking about, but in my other KO I carried and used it about everyday for over a year and only changed batteries 4 times so at $1.75 a battery it cost me $14.00 for a years worth of use. I know some of you use your lights in a law enforcement or military application of some other type of job that requires a lot of use from your light but I don't work anymore and just use my light to look for my cats toys under the fridge or stove and also when I go bicycling at night I have a clamp system for my bike, I also use it when I up in the middle of the night and nature calls so I don't disturb anyone, and the power went out once but not long enough to matter. So I'm happy running the CR123 batteries, if anything I would sooner use the lithium AA I used in my McGizmo but Lenslight does not offer that option.

The extra 3mmx5mm for 19690-sized (High-capacity protected "18650") cells makes it a lot bigger. I wonder if they like 17670s in their light?
Maybe I should study up on all the light lingo but I'm happy with my set up so why bother.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe I should study up on all the light lingo but I'm happy with my set up so why bother.

They were called "guilt-free lumens," when a lot of high-power lights began accepting rechargeable cells. It was light-on time that didn't cost in primary cells. I think it started with reliable Li-Ions that could be paired with matching incandescent bulbs.

If you're happy, be happy. The short version for you is, "A 17670 cell is close to the size of 2 CR123s. It gives 3.3-4.2v during its discharge, so they often work acceptably in LED lights, especially if they are charged before each long outing. The battery can be recharged in an appropriate Li-Ion charger for a few hundred charge cycles. Expect about half the battery life of 2xCR123s and you won't be disappointed."

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
keep a eye out for when they start offering the new LEDs and the new tail cap Cory told me it should be around the beginning of the year or so, you know how that goes its never out when you want it. I have used my black KO everyday for over a year and only changed battery's about 4 times but I do use the low setting more than the high unless I'm outside and need some throw. The black one now will be just put away and saved for emergencies and the new titanium one will be my EDC. If you buy a tan one I have a new strike bezel that I will give you a great deal on I have no use for it I don't even have a tan light, long story but if you need one let me know.

I am no expert on this but the specs show mine is Premium Bin High CRI CREE XPG-2 LED. Cory told me this is the one they will be using from now one. The beam is better and in spot setting its cleaner looking, the older ones when you focus down to the smallest spot you will see some grid lines but with the new LED they are gone. Like is said I'm no expert on beam quality I just happen to like being able to adjust the beam and it lights up a wall in flood mode and looks pretty natural to me. The colors of the walls or what ever I'm using it for looks like it should and does not appear to have that blue tint like some do. Hope that helps some.
yeah they've already got the high CRI XP-G2 on their site. That's what I believe I'll be receiving when I order in January :)

I see we have a friend in common Per-Sev ;)
The extra 3mmx5mm for 19690-sized (High-capacity protected "18650") cells makes it a lot bigger. I wonder if they like 17670s in their light?

they can use 17670s but the output won't be as high. it'll work, but just not as nice as 2x primaries or, even better (more output), 2x 16340 cells

Per-Sev

Enlightened
They were called "guilt-free lumens," when a lot of high-power lights began accepting rechargeable cells. It was light-on time that didn't cost in primary cells. I think it started with reliable Li-Ions that could be paired with matching incandescent bulbs.

If you're happy, be happy. The short version for you is, "A 17670 cell is close to the size of 2 CR123s. It gives 3.3-4.2v during its discharge, so they often work acceptably in LED lights, especially if they are charged before each long outing. The battery can be recharged in an appropriate Li-Ion charger for a few hundred charge cycles. Expect about half the battery life of 2xCR123s and you won't be disappointed."

yeah they've already got the high CRI XP-G2 on their site. That's what I believe I'll be receiving when I order in January :)

I see we have a friend in common Per-Sev ;)

they can use 17670s but the output won't be as high. it'll work, but just not as nice as 2x primaries or, even better (more output), 2x 16340 cells

I'm sorry for not responding I was in the hospital for a week starting on Dec. 15 so things have been a little crazy. I had two blood clots leading from my heart to my lungs and could not breath very good but I'm ok now with meds and on my way to getting back to normal. I had to sell a few things one of them was my original Lenslight KO in aluminum but I still have my titanium one.
I was never a fan of recharging batteries but there a lot better now then they were and run times are longer now. I might try them someday but when I can get over a months use on two CR123's that's hard to beat. It costs more to eat out then it does to run my light for over a month. I have learned to know when I need to replace them just by how the light works as time goes on so there very predictable for me and since my week long hospital stay the bills have been coming in and I can't afford to buy anything right now even battery's, good thing I have a stock pile of them on hand.
You don't see much about Lenslight on here and I think its one of the best lights made and worth every penny they cost. When you can either light up a hole room or spot something a few blocks away with the same light its a keeper, and now you get a even brighter and longer running light for the same cost.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sorry for not responding I was in the hospital for a week starting on Dec. 15 so things have been a little crazy. I had two blood clots leading from my heart to my lungs and could not breath very good but I'm ok now with meds and on my way to getting back to normal. I had to sell a few things one of them was my original Lenslight KO in aluminum but I still have my titanium one.
I was never a fan of recharging batteries but there a lot better now then they were and run times are longer now. I might try them someday but when I can get over a months use on two CR123's that's hard to beat. It costs more to eat out then it does to run my light for over a month. I have learned to know when I need to replace them just by how the light works as time goes on so there very predictable for me and since my week long hospital stay the bills have been coming in and I can't afford to buy anything right now even battery's, good thing I have a stock pile of them on hand.
You don't see much about Lenslight on here and I think its one of the best lights made and worth every penny they cost. When you can either light up a hole room or spot something a few blocks away with the same light its a keeper, and now you get a even brighter and longer running light for the same cost.

dang man, I hope you get to feeling 100% soon!

Per-Sev

Enlightened
dang man, I hope you get to feeling 100% soon!

I will be alright in a few months once the clots are dissolved.
I used my KO the hole time I was in there the light switch was hard for me to reach and I just told them to keep the light off and I used my KO to light up my room. They were cool about it and I had a private room so I could do what I wanted. The doctors thought it was a nice light and were surprised when I told them what they cost. I'm able to get around now but am limited to walking very far but I get better each day. I was bummed that I had to sell the aluminum KO but it was my back up light anyways and I still have my titanium KO hopefully I won't have to sell this one because its the only light I have now and if I sell it I know I will never get another one. I used It for almost 5 days in the hospital and most of the time just needed low so I never had to change battery's and am still using the same ones, I love this light even more now because when I was in the hospital it gave me security and a taste of home, weird I know but when your in that environment with nothing else the light gave me something to take my mind off the uncertainty of what was going to happen and once I found out that all I needed was blood thinners and not a operation it was a big relief. I still use the light rather than getting up and down to get to the light switch but now it's just because I'm lazy and like to fool around with it. I wish more people on here would realize what a great light these are and there was a sub forum just for Lenslight like some of the other light company's have. Well time to turn in you take care and thanks for your concern.

Last edited:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will be alright in a few months once the clots are dissolved.
I used my KO the hole time I was in there the light switch was hard for me to reach and I just told them to keep the light off and I used my KO to light up my room. They were cool about it and I had a private room so I could do what I wanted. The doctors thought it was a nice light and were surprised when I told them what they cost. I'm able to get around now but am limited to walking very far but I get better each day. I was bummed that I had to sell the aluminum KO but it was my back up light anyways and I still have my titanium KO hopefully I won't have to sell this one because its the only light I have now and if I sell it I know I will never get another one. I used It for almost 5 days in the hospital and most of the time just needed low so I never had to change battery's and am still using the same ones, I love this light even more now because when I was in the hospital it gave me security and a taste of home, weird I know but when your in that environment with nothing else the light gave me something to take my mind off the uncertainty of what was going to happen and once I found out that all I needed was blood thinners and not a operation it was a big relief. I still use the light rather than getting up and down to get to the light switch but now it's just because I'm lazy and like to fool around with it. I wish more people on here would realize what a great light these are and there was a sub forum just for Lenslight like some of the other light company's have. Well time to turn in you take care and thanks for your concern.

damn man. I like how you illuminated your room with your LL.

don't sell that Ti KO btw ;)

Per-Sev

Enlightened
damn man. I like how you illuminated your room with your LL.

don't sell that Ti KO btw ;)
Yea it would be tough to sell it now and I have worked out payments with most of the bills so it looks like I will be keeping it.