Mag 2c 9v mod

vinsanity286

Newly Enlightened
I know this is nothing new but it is the first time I have tweaked an incandescent. Just made a spacer to run 3x cr123a cells and used a 6 cell magnum star bulb. Only real mod I had to do was turn the tail cap on the lathe to allow the tail spring to seat further and not crush the cells. What an awesome light! Pure white light that has some real punch. I have been using and modifying leds for a while now but I think I have caught the hotwire bug. lovecpf Would this set-up flash a 5 cell magnum star bulb?

Last edited:

Tiredlumens

Newly Enlightened
Yes it would after a wile I always overdrive my mug-num star ii xenon bulbs by one cell (2cell in a 3 ect.) I'm making a 2d mag with two 3aa to d adapters (9 volts) with a 5 cell bulb and I haven't tried it but it should work for me and you but u will need a good stock of spares! One way to help against this would be to have a soft on driver circuit such as what u may find in some portable spotlights this woul save your bulb by making the bulb filliment meant heat up over a longer time so it won't shock and stress the filiment wich in turn gives longer life but no I would imagin it would work for a wile depending on how much out use it

Tiredlumens

Newly Enlightened
I know this is nothing new but it is the first time I have tweaked an incandescent. Just made a spacer to run 3x cr123a cells and used a 6 cell magnum star bulb. Only real mod I had to do was turn the tail cap on the lathe to allow the tail spring to seat further and not crush the cells. What an awesome light! Pure white light that has some real punch. I have been using and modifying leds for a while now but I think I have caught the hotwire bug. lovecpf Would this set-up flash a 5 cell magnum star bulb?
Trust me I have the hotwire bug also I love high powered incans for some reason

vinsanity286

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help, I think I'll leave this light with the 6 cell bulb so I don't have to worry about short bulb life. I'll just have to pick up another mag to make a real flame thrower.:thumbsup:

Tiredlumens

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help, I think I'll leave this light with the 6 cell bulb so I don't have to worry about short bulb life. I'll just have to pick up another mag to make a real flame thrower.:thumbsup:
ok haha im doing that also if i can find enough room for another mag!!!! PM (The Driver) and ask him about were to get high powered incan mag parts im sure he will help you alot as he did me:wave: