Led Lenser p7.2 not smooth to focus/flood

LightX

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,

I purchased p7.2 (2 weeks old) is it normal that my L.L is not smooth or flawless to focus/flood? I bought jetbeam silicone grease and applied it inside the focusing system but still i experienced not flawless to focus/flood? Can someone give me an advice? Thank you! 

R_finland

Newly Enlightened
Hi

At least mine works technically flawlessly when focusing. Only that disturbs me little is the light leaking out the reflector lens when on wide (you can see a brightly illuminated ring on the base of the red decoration ring when wide).

Loed7984

Newly Enlightened
I think it's normal, so I have the same issue with the 7.2. And also the switch can be a problem, I broken mine just some days ago, replaced with one from an old mt7.

ven

Flashaholic
I have the t7.2 so a little different,no loss of spill due to slightly different head design(no holes).

Compared to just my t7 the focus is not quite as smooth,this is down to the t7.2 being able to lock the head in any position of flood/zoom by twisting. Without care the head can slightly move causing slight stiffness when moving flood/spot,but you get used to working around that.

Maybe just needs time to bed in a little,but the smoother it is,the easier it will be to knock out of what the head position is in........if makes sense.

Thats pretty much why i went for the t7.2,so i can lock it and it stays in position,plus i wanted the extra knurling and grip/groove on head to make focusing easier.