What is a "combat grip"

Ralf

Enlightened
What is this combat grip, which I read about
in one of the other threads about surefires.
I own a E2E and i think this one has a "normal"
grip?

Cheers
Ralf

kev1-1

Enlightened
The combat grip consists of a flashlight shaped in a manor which allows it to be used easily with a firearm. The 'combat grip' on surefires, such as the Z2, is a group of rubber spacer rings that allow the user to grip the light easily and use the tailcap switch ALL with one hand. While this hand is used to allow easy 'tactical'! shooting.

The combat grip also makes the lights really easy to hold, and much less likely to be dropped IMHO.

Skyline

Enlightened
one_hand.gif

two_hand.gif

Blikbok

Enlightened
Ken Good has a manual on the Strageos website:
http://www.strategosinternational.com/pdfs/FlashlightTechniques.pdf

It's 5.8mb, but it has color photos of various flashlights being used alongside a handgun.

The major feature of the Combat Grip rings is to provide a gripping surface perpendicular to the axis of the light, so the switch can be operated in a syringe-like pinching motion, and leaving the cup of the hand mostly empty.

Go check the PDF, it's pretty nice.

GeoffChan

Enlightened
Originally posted by Onyx:
I thought it was between the middle and fourth finger, but obviously those images above proved me wrong...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Its personal preference, I've seen pictures of it done your way, but i use the method in the pictures.

The 6z seems harder to do it than with my M3. (when i have 2 spacers and the grip ring.)

Geoff

nihraguk

Enlightened
geoffchan: it might be because the 6Z has its narrower section further up the flashlight...to get the same distance between the switch and the top grip ring you'd have to remove both spacer rings on the 6Z, and leave both spacers on your M3
smile.gif

GeoffChan

Enlightened
Originally posted by nihraguk:
geoffchan: it might be because the 6Z has its narrower section further up the flashlight...to get the same distance between the switch and the top grip ring you'd have to remove both spacer rings on the 6Z, and leave both spacers on your M3
smile.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Noticed that when i got the M3. I hate the single grip ring on the 6Z. Maybe i should extend the length of spacer rings on my M3 to even them out
smile.gif

Geoff

nihraguk

Enlightened
geoff: just adjust it to the position which you feel most comfortable with
smile.gif
the newer Z2s aren't like the 6Z though...i wonder what the reason was for the change in design.