My TerraLux 300M stopped working today, any idea why?

belomeclone

Enlightened
I was charging my batteries and when I put them back in, the light didn't turn on. I eliminated every other variable (tried the batteries in a different light, tried different batteries in the light, swapped the heads off another maglite onto mine, etc) and it seems my TerraLux 300M is no longer working. It was working before the battery charge.

So, what could have possibly caused this?? I love my TeraLux (though I am itching to get a third drop in and I have a Fusion and a Terralux so the only one I can think of left is the Malkoff...) and I'd gladly buy a new one but I want to know what happened here and see if I can't fix it first. There's no reason why it'd break!

Joeymt3

Enlightened
I've loved my 4D mag with the 300M and my 2D mag with 300M and 6 AA's. I'm sorry to hear about your trouble.

I will tell you though that I haven't picked up either mag lite after purchasing a TK75 gen2

Last edited:

Joeymt3

Enlightened
Actually, both my mags have the 310M-EX by terralux which is very nice useable 1000 lumens. It's not a thrower but it lights up a large area.

It may be good in a way, now you can upgrade to the 310 or get a new light. That sounds fun

belomeclone

Enlightened
Yes Joeymt3 I ordered the 310M as it was on sale and the sale ended today! The 300 Terralux was 700 lumens which is the same as my car's EagleTac T20C2, so it's nice to diversify. I've been meaning to get a Malkoff Maglite drop in because I am a crazy person but I am having trouble figuring out how to go about it (as I usually use 2D Mags with 6 AA's in them, but the Malkoff needs less power. I've considered the 3D, but I don't know where I'd keep it. I want one for my car to never use, and it would suck to keep a 100 dollar light there.

Decisions decisions... but thanks for the advice!