Does anybody have the ability to make 8aa-2d and 12aa-3d (series) holders anymore?

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey gang. I've been looking around and have come up fairly short on some parts i've been wanting to put together for a while now. I've got the sockets/bulb holders I need but am coming up dry when it comes to battery holders.

I've got 2 mag hosts. One is a 2d and one is a 3d. Both have been quad bored or totally bored to be able to accept 4-stacks of AA cells.

I'm wanting to finish up the 2d I have but I need an 8aa/2d 9.6v battery holder to do it. I had one lined up from a fellow CPF'er but I think US Postal service has single handedly screwed that up and lost it. (tracking has been "in transit to sort facility" for over a week now on a 2-day package.) So i'm trying to source another in case that one is lost forever.

My 3D I have is a totally bored out mag that is setup to take Osram 64623's, reflectorized MR16's, etc. I was using two 12aa CBP1650 packs (14.4v) that I believe LuxLuthor made for me back in the day but one of those has totally died and the other one is on its last legs. So my only options there are to have more packs made (i'm not even sure if Lux does that anymore) (I've got an email into CheapBatteryPacks.com to see if they can) or pick up a 12aa/3d holder and then just have to source cells which is the far easier part.

I've been trying to find holders but they seem to be non-existant anymore. I know that most have moved onto AW's IMR cells or Emoli cells for high current applications but I want to use the hosts i've got the way I want.

Is there anybody that has or can build for me one of each of these adapters or even packs (if i have to go that route) on CPF? I really really favor the design/materials of the holders that Fivemega made but he's been out for a long time. And Modamag, who's holders were a very close second, hasn't made adapters in at least 2-3 years that I can tell.

Can anybody help?

-Shane

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well it looks like the tracking finally updated after a week and the 8aa-2d is in Dallas finally. We'll see what happens..

Still trying to get some help on a source for a 12aa-3d

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had packs made up for me in the past by that supplier, with good success, mostly for R/C car use. There are also other pack suppliers out there who are pretty darn good at what they do. The cell to cell contact resistance in those packs is usually very consistent and low.

The downside (or perhaps it is an upside) is that you pretty much need to convert your light to using an r/c type plug, which is not all bad actually. The main challenge for this is access, which pretty much forces the battery connection to be at the front of the light.

Are you able to find 4AA in series to 1 D adapters ? Would 3 of these solve the 12AA to 3D challenge ?

Harry

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm trying to avoid using Dean's plugs. Although that's what i've always used in my R/C cars in the past. I've not seen any 4aa-1D series adapters. I'd be afraid trying to daisy chain 3 of those would introduce too much resistance anyway.

I've sent an email off to CheapBatteryPacks.com and am working with him to get a few 12aa-3d packs put together but i'd MUCH rather have loose cells. That way if one cell goes south i'm not tossing a $40 pack but rather a $2-$3 individual cell.

baylisstic

Enlightened
Hi Hallis,

I have two of the 12aa-3d battery holders from Ginseng's Polaris light. One is brand new unused and the other is slightly used with one of the spring a little damaged, but still works. One of the magnets fell off the battery and caused a short.

If you're interested, PM me your email and I can email you pictures of them and you and make me an offer.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
You've got mail.

Hi Hallis,

I have two of the 12aa-3d battery holders from Ginseng's Polaris light. One is brand new unused and the other is slightly used with one of the spring a little damaged, but still works. One of the magnets fell off the battery and caused a short.

If you're interested, PM me your email and I can email you pictures of them and you and make me an offer.