New Tenergy T4 Intelligent Charger for Li-ion, LiFePO4, NiMH and NiCD

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received an email notification about this new charger. This looks good from what I can see. Has anyone else heard of this or seen one yet? Hopefully a Tenergy dealer will be sending one to HKJ for a review to see how well it works. It has a switch for LiFePO4 and as far as I know no other intelligent charger has offered this possibility yet. Here is a link to the details of the charger.

http://www.all-battery.com/tenergy_...-ion_LiFePO4_NiMH_NiCDrechargeable-01430.aspx

snakyjake

Enlightened
Thanks for the link. If HKJ gives it the thumbs up for LiFePO4 and quality, then I'm getting one.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Looks to be based on the i4 charger like the Enedepots, I will not be buying this charger to test, but if a dealer/manufacturer ships it to me I will test it.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am sure you have plenty of chargers sitting around! Yeah, I meant if someone sent you one for testing, of course. Thanks for the reply.

HKJ

Flashaholic
I am sure you have plenty of chargers sitting around! Yeah, I meant if someone sent you one for testing, of course. Thanks for the reply.

Even though I have plenty of chargers I do buy chargers for test, but usual not chargers that look like they are the same as a charger I have tested.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even though I have plenty of chargers I do buy chargers for test, but usual not chargers that look like they are the same as a charger I have tested.

That makes sense, it does look like the other one you reviewed.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
It does look similar to the i4, but it also has the switch for LiFeP04 cells which makes it even more universal.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Exactly like the Enedepots I linked to.

And an excellent review it is too :)

I'm interested to see if this one were to pass the 5000V isolation test (as I am on 240V) and if the Ni-Mh termination were -dv/dt

If Tenergy see this thread, please send HJK a sample unit.

RetroTechie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Specs-wise, looks 'suspiciously' similar to the Enedepots A8 (of which I have one, and am quite happy with). 3.2V <-> 3.7V switches are surprisingly rare on Li-ion chargers - I suspect to avoid "user error" problems since LiFePO4 is rather uncommon as user-rechargeable battery.

I'm interested to see if this one were to pass the 5000V isolation test (as I am on 240V) and if the Ni-Mh termination were -dv/dt
Indeed, that would make it like the Enedepots charger, with its bad points removed. A proper test/review would be nice, ehm... Tenergy! :poke: