What can I expect for $85

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosco

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Sorry if I missed something already posted in this section. I am still pretty new here.

I found a sale at Theledlight.com offering discontinued type of ARC LSL:
LSL2-123 L2 Low Dome Star, Twist On Switch, CR123A Battery pack.

What should I expect? I know from this forum all ARC lights are very good.

Is that twist on switch something like MiniMag - twisting the head?
How does the end of flashlight look like without some clickie?
Is it possible to change the led and the optics with better one (I mean better binning code LS)?
Is the regulating circuit the same as in the new models?
Is it worth $85 and possible fidling with emiter/optics or should I just go and buy the best ARC LSHP? I would prefer Special Edition Arc LSH-P w/Tight Focus Beam but they seem to be sold out. Or should I wait for ARC LS4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The cost of ARC LSHP is still a bit high for me now ($149.95) and buying just a standard would lead me immediately to making of some improvements to the light as I am such a purist. So I think I would try to improve the cheapest one instead of the standard.

One more word: I was trying to find the best flashligt for me and I cannot help myself - it is definitely the ARC LS.

Thanks for some hints.

cosco

srue

Newly Enlightened
Arc will be putting a few more Factory First LSL on sale on Friday. Keep an eye on this thread for more info.

-Stuart

Mattman

Enlightened
To answer part of your original question, the twist-on switch is sort of like a minimag, but I think of it as turning the base instead of the head (that's the way I think about it) and you tighten it to turn it on instead of loosening it.

cosco

Newly Enlightened
bgenlvtex: I would consider the twist-on maybe more waterproof than the clickie after some hesitation.
Now I hope to catch the last batch of factory first...
If I miss it I would go for that at Theledlight.com

Is it wrong to try to play with this unique light and mod it a bit?

cosco

bgenlvtex

Newly Enlightened
I'm interested in the twistie due to it's minimal size and lack of tacky(sticky) rubber which makes it easier to extract from a pocket.I'm sure that ARC has a good reason for making the Kroll standard but I would certainly like to have and would be willing to pay marginally more money to get a twistie over the Kroll.

As for should you mod it.......you bought it ,it's yours have your way with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.