Nightcore SRT3 UI question ??

tm3

Newly Enlightened
i can't really tell from reading the reviews and UI description -- can the output of the SRT3 be set before turning the light on? for example could you select the red LED, or moonlight, or the variable output setting and then turn it on? or do you have to guess where it is set and then cycle to where you want it?

thanks

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
i can't really tell from reading the reviews and UI description -- can the output of the SRT3 be set before turning the light on? for example could you select the red LED, or moonlight, or the variable output setting and then turn it on? or do you have to guess where it is set and then cycle to where you want it?

thanks

If you take the time to memorize the levels/indents, you can figure out where the ring is set to before turning it on.

tm3

Newly Enlightened
OK thanks, so it seems that if you know where you left it and how many clicks to go where you want it is doable.

d.weglarz13

Enlightened
Yes. But, I have the Srt7, same UI, and it just doesn't work that way, sorry. You see, its very easy to know what level you want and to set it there before you turn it on. But, if the light is in your pocket, despite the reviews I've seen, the light will probably not be in the same position as was before it went in your pocket. After using the light for a few days, the ring does seem to "loosen" just a bit, and if I were you, I would check the ring position before clicking the light on if you need a certain level. The ring doesn't move all the time, but if its important to not ruin your night vision, or another reason for a certain level, just make sure where the ring is. It sounds weird, but very easy. I love my Srt7. And the 3 is the same just smaller. Hope that helps....But to answer your question, Yes you can, but may change ring position when in your pocket once in a while....