Christmas Present Ideas for our wives / GF / SO

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's December 18, so time for some ideas to start gelling for Christmas presents. In my case, I am looking for ideas for my wife, but I am sure many other guys would like gift ideas for their girlfriends and significant others.

In my case, it turns out to be better to have 3 - 4 gifts rather than just one, partly to avoid it being a bust. :shakehead

I should probably keep the total under $ 200 this year.

Some historic ideas:
- Ear rings
- Necklace
- Perfumes, for us do not work due to allergies, but women like them
- ok, now I am stuck

Ideas ?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The A-number-one significant other gift: The local spa gift certificate. Find the highest-rated spa in your area in a couple of minutes using Yelp or the YP app, then drop by and ask for a gift certificate - you are one of several guys they've seen that day who have absolutely no idea what to ask for or what's available, so they're already expecting you. Any "middle of the road" massage package will do, which will be ~$50-100, and in a couple of minutes you're out and done, quick and easy.

Greta

Flashaholic
If I may add a few tips... ;)

The spa gift certificate thing is a great idea but don't forget to include a little hand-made "IOU the time to use it" card as well. Guaranteed she will appreciate that even MORE! ;) Another nice idea is a framed picture. Find one of the two of you together or of the kids or pets or some other photo you know she'll love. Then go to like Hobby Lobby and get one of those really pretty, fancy frames... (they are 50% off right now)... and you're good to go! She can put it on her desk at work or on the wall at home or wherever. Here's one I did for my Mom of her, me and my daughter. She is going to LOVE this!! :) (and the total cost to me was less than $20)

girls.jpg

zold

Newly Enlightened
I've had luck in the past with taking her to her favorite restaurant, which isn't my favorite, and then out for a walk somewhere nice together to listen to her talk for a while or out to a romantic type of movie. Maybe something french about orphans, with subtitles. She appreciates that she's the whole focus of the evening.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
or get one of thos electronic picture frames.. insert memorcard with pictures and it will scroll thru them ie changing picture every few moments. (making an old style "mixed tape" out of photo memories)

do you know if she likes a certain artist (painter, music, actor, what ever) then get something by them. even something as boring as wall calender seems to be cool if its with prints from her favorite artists paintings or photos, or movie collection.

another idea for bringing fond memories.. buy her a original old vinyl album of her favorite artist she used to listen when you met etc or listens still even now days. the vinyl covers are art too and bring memories of past.. no matter if you dont have such an record player anymore.. (but if you get a record player too, to just to play that one album for her, its cool idea too)