Surefire Fire Rescue Pro 50 lumens?

Lumenation

Newly Enlightened
I have been thinking about getting a Surefire G2X pro for awhile now. I enjoy the simplistics of the light with 320 high and 15 low. But runtime is not great at 320 lumens, and 15 lumens is not quite bright enough for "me" in general for camping and walking at night. On Surefires website it says the Surefire Fire Rescue pro is 320 high and 50 low, with low coming on first. Now if these numbers are accurate that would be perfect for me. I think with todays LED efficancy, 50 lumens is a perfect combo between brightness and runtime. So after that ramble, I was wondering if anyone has the Fire Rescue Pro, and is the 50 lumens an accurate statement from Surefire, and does anyone possibly have a runtime or pics. Or any general input would help. Thanks

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire typically underrates their lumens, so I would guess that you're going to get more than 50 lumens, at least for the first couple hours of runtime. I'm sorry but I don't have any first hand experience, and I couldn't find any existing threads on the light. Hopefully someone will come along and chime in.

Lumenation

Newly Enlightened
Yeah google searching hasn't helped with any hands on experience with the light, so that's why I turned to ole trusty cpf.com. If this light had around 20 hours regulation at 50 lumens I would scoop one up immediately. It may be that not too many people on here have one.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also hope the 50 lumens is accurate and not some sort of typo. As much as enjoy my G2X and 6PX Pros, I do wish low had a little more power. A Fury with a low of 50 would also be nice.

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been thinking about getting a Surefire G2X pro for awhile now. I enjoy the simplistics of the light with 320 high and 15 low. But runtime is not great at 320 lumens, and 15 lumens is not quite bright enough for "me" in general for camping and walking at night. On Surefires website it says the Surefire Fire Rescue pro is 320 high and 50 low, with low coming on first. Now if these numbers are accurate that would be perfect for me. I think with todays LED efficancy, 50 lumens is a perfect combo between brightness and runtime. So after that ramble, I was wondering if anyone has the Fire Rescue Pro, and is the 50 lumens an accurate statement from Surefire, and does anyone possibly have a runtime or pics. Or any general input would help. Thanks

You know I looked at the exact light. But from what I gathered 17670 does not fit. In the old days I would run 17670 in the 6P and G2 all day. In the past all their lights ran 17670, these days almost none. Surefire lost me as a customer. So is the case of the Fire Rescue Pro. When I found out that it ONLY takes CR123 I am no longer interested (even with the long runtime). I refuse running CR123 ONLY batteries no matter who makes the light.

As a side note yes, the 15 lumens and 320 lumens combo is just crazy. I cant imagine running this combo. I thought the rule was around 7x between levels, so the 15 lumens low then the next level should be around 105 lumens, not 320 lumens. I also agree 15 lumens is too high for a low. Is not low enough and not high enough for most tasks. Their 15/320 lumens should have been a 3 level light, if they so insist on 15 lumens on low.

Even more input; the old one level E1L did 45 lumens for 9 hours. So the new SF Fire Pro does 50 lumens say for 25 hours that is an improvement. Their website says 45 hours but is hard to say at what point is no loner 50 lumens. Even is say after 25 hours that is a longtime for 50 lumens. Still 17670 is not supported so no go for me....

So what I did I bought a Streamlight Propolymax that does 50 lumens for 24 hours or so they say. Even if is say 18 hours I am happy with that. So as you can see I chose Streamlight over Surefire in this case. It takes AA, and I find no fault with that battery format. The Streamlight Propolymax is not perfect BUT the AA battery format makes it worthwhile.

There you have it Surefire, make your lights to take CR123 only, I am buying my lights from another manufacturer.

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Marinemaster: I believe the 16650 sized batteries will work in any of your lights that do not fit the 17670. Maybe look into those 16650's. They also have more mAh's than the 17670's.

Lumenation: It sounds to me like your looking for a custom combination in a Nitrolon host. Maybe look into getting a G3 sized host (3 CR123's) and maybe a custom drop in. They used to make them in yellow. You will be much happier. The G3 will give you longer run times, and a custom drop in will get you exactly what your looking for. ;)

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know I looked at the exact light. But from what I gathered 17670 does not fit. In the old days I would run 17670 in the 6P and G2 all day. In the past all their lights ran 17670, these days almost none.

I haven't had a problem running them in mine. I have a couple of Black Aw17670's that I peeled the silver label from to run in my Quarks. They fit the Fury and the G2X just fine. Here is the G2X-C with the AW17670

I believe the 16650 sized batteries will work in any of your lights that do not fit the 17670. Maybe look into those 16650's. They also have more mAh's than the 17670's.

While I haven't bought any yet, this is also a great option IMO.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
illuminationsupply.com/batteries-c-48_50/16650-keeppower-2000mah-sanyo-ur16650zt-protected-button-top-p-825.html

They are Keeppower 2000 mAh Sanyo UR16650ZT Protected button top cells.
[h=1][/h]

välineurheilija

Enlightened
illuminationsupply.com/batteries-c-48_50/16650-keeppower-2000mah-sanyo-ur16650zt-protected-button-top-p-825.html

They are Keeppower 2000 mAh Sanyo UR16650ZT Protected button top cells.
Those are good batteries,I have used them in a 6P a G2 a G2X pro and the Kroma.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Fenix TK10 gets 14 hours on low, on primaries, which is about 60 lumens, so the Surefire should get simular runtime.

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumenation what is the best price you found for the Fire Pro ? Mostly around $100 what I found other models 15/250 lumens or 15/320 lumens anywhere from $45 to $65.

Lumenation

Newly Enlightened
There were several sites I found that had them at the $80 range. But also a couple of the sites were on back order. Once I get some better info into the 50 lumen runtime, I'll most likely scoop one up if the runtime looks good. Great beam also from these G2X models. In all honesty I'd rather have several different flashlights with one or two brightnesses, and one for throw, one for emergency back up light, and so on and so forth. All theses light coming out now with a million functions is just overkill.

goofyman

Newly Enlightened
hi Surefire Fans
I got my Surefire Fire Rescue Pro two weeks ago
And yes it has much more light than a 6PX Pro with 15 Lumen So the 50 Lumens are real.
The colure of the light is much wormer than from the 6PX Pro
So with the new 50 Lumens You get a really good flashlight and when you push 2 and you get
the 320 Lumens that is realy great.
At the moment i cant give you some Information about runtime but i Hope it should be the same as with the old one.
bye from Switzerland

goofyman

Newly Enlightened
Hi Slumber Pass

G2X Pro FIRE RESCUE

MODE 1 320 Lumens 2.5h
MODE 2 50 Lumens 45h

Because I am a big Surefire Fan I also bought me the

6PX Pro Version D

On the package it says

MODE 1 320 Lumens 2.5h
MODE 2 15 Lumens 45h

That looks a little bit confusing because you think you should get with a longer run time with15 Lumens

But what I noticed that the G2X Pro has a different reflector than the 6PX Pro
The reflector from the G2X Pro is a medium orange peel and more shiny in compare to the very fine orange peel and dull reflector from the 6PX Pro
So I think the 35 Lumens more are from the different reflector

But that is for sure you get more light on MODE 2 from the G2X Pro than from the 6PX Pro

That was the reason way I bought the G2X Pro I am a Firefighter her in Switzerland and I will put that flashlight on my Fire Helmet.
We have different models here in Europa so I can't use the SF Mount Kit, but I will build my own Mount Kit for the Gallet MSA F1 Helmet that we use here.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Goofyman, can you measure the current draw at the tailcap on low for both the Rescue and 6PX pro?

I'm thinking the 45h run time on the Rescue is vastly overstated.