Arc Accessory Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyZero

Newly Enlightened
After almost a year of drooling and debating the purchase, I am now a new owner of an Arc LSH-P and I could not be more impressed! I got the package the NEXT DAY after my order via FedEX (Those people must have sent the package preemptively!) I love everything about it and will soon be using it as a bike light.

For that reason I purchased the 2AA battery holder so I could use it with many of the Mini Mag accessories on the market. This makes the light extremely versatile and expandable, except that the head is just slightly smaller then the Mini Mag so that the rubber lens holder accessory doesn't fit with out some tape. Not a big deal.

But then I started to think that it would be cool if Arc offered a rubber cap for the end, similar to the one for the Mini Mag, that would hold accessory lenses. You could sell it as a kit that included a red, green and Fraen Optic lenses. That way people wouldn't have to struggle with the choice of getting the LSH or LSHF - they could just buy the extra accessory kit and in essence have both! Just put the rubber cap with the Fraen lens in it and voila! A tighter more focussed beam. Plus red or green for tactical usage.

Put a few flat spots on it and it would keep the flashlight from rolling when set down too.

I'm sure others have suggested this and other accessory ideas already, but I couldn't find it in a search so I thought I would throw it in to the discussion.

Any other cool ideas for Arc Accessories?

I would also like to see a hat clip for the AAA.

-Brian

paulr

Flashaholic
There's not all that much red in the output of a white led. It's best to just offer heads with red and green led's. A focusing optic is quite an interesting idea, though I think a Fraen is supposed to be closer to the led than a slip-on gadget would allow. It would have to be a different optic intended for the purpose.

Mattman

Enlightened
I agree that a colored LED would be the better choice. But there's a slight problem with that...these things cost $150!! I've got one Arc LS so it has to be a jack of all trades. I'm probably not going to have more than one unless I'm blown away by the LS4 or LS5 and even then I'd probably sell mine to move over. I've always thought that the mag-like accessory pack would be a good idea even if I only used the rubber piece on the end to keep it from rolling away. Oh well, I'm not hurting without it, but it would be nice to have available.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I wish Scotch made colored tape. I'm sure everyone is aware the putting a piece of normal tape on something like an ARC-AAA turquoise light makes it have a nice smooth beam. Now if Scotch made a RED, GREEN or BLUE tape like that, you could just put a piece of tape on the end of the ARC-LS for those times you needed that color tint. I've been looking for months now and all the color tape I've found has been too think for the light to penetrate.

ewick

Enlightened
I don't know if it's available year round, but I almost always see it available around Christmas. I'm pretty sure red and green are available; not sure about the blue though.

ewick

Enlightened
According to the Reynolds website they have "Clear, Rose, Green, Blue and Violet". And yes, it's a slow day at the office.

Mattman

Enlightened
The Saran Wrap's a year-round thing...never thought of that idea before. I wonder if it's colored enough to work with only one thickness? If I remember correctly, it's pretty light colored.

Status
Not open for further replies.