Minwa 4xAA 2800mAH NiMH Rechargeable Battery

Rosoku Chikara

Enlightened
The batteries for sale at Futureshop are "Standard Model" Rechargeable Evolta cells.

I have used an older generation of these cells for many years, and they are very good cells as far as regular NiMH cells go, but they are not real Eneloops, nor do I believe that they are truly LSD. (Panasonic is muddying the waters these days with their LSD claims, and these cells may be improved NiMH that might be called "semi-LSD" but not LSD in the true sense of Eneloops.)

See my posts of 11-29-2013 for more details:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?362641-Confusion-of-each-Eneloop-generation/page2

As for the Minwa cells, I cannot help you. They are a "known brand" but without having ever used them, and without reading any real "reviews" it is hard to say how good their cells actually are. In any case, I think they are "at best" regular NiMH, that do not compare in any way to Eneloops. For a worst case scenario see this review of 3000 mAh BTY NiMH batteries on this site:

http://rightbattery.com/page/6/

Despite being advertised as 3000 mAh cells, their capacity measured out to only 306 mAh, 334 mAh, 337 mAh and 373 mAh when tested on a MH-C9000 charger/analyzer.

Last edited:

tripplec

Enlightened
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Genuine-Japan-Sanyo-XX-eneloop-AA-2550mAh-Ni-MH-HR-3UWXB-Rechageable-Battery-x-4-/230910189211?ssPageName=ADME:L:COSI:CA:1123

I went in and has a look at them Minwa cells. The back of the card says 280mA charge rate (too low for me) and 14hrs before use. I want to be able to charge my cells in 8hrs or less. Especially AA's which is an over night timeline. I passed on them as well as others I saw there. Prior to seeing them I order different Enloops from Japan.

PS: I don't know why I cannot put the link bellow. Normal pasting does not work and typing I problematic with missing characters unless typing very slow.

Rosoku Chikara

Enlightened
<snip>...Prior to seeing them I order different Enloops from Japan...

I believe the cells you ordered are very good cells. (I use the same kind here in Japan.) I cannot judge the price you paid, because I don't know your prices over there, but I think you will be very happy with your new cells.

One question: How do you intend to charge them? A good charger is important for getting the most use out of good cells.

tripplec

Enlightened
I currently have an Nitecore I4 charger which is excellent. Being used on regular 2000mA Enloops we have and a number of AAA versions. I have an IQ-328 coming with my daughter today from NY. I ordered it on Amazon and she is bring it to Canada for me. They charge 2-3 times the price here if you can find one of those chargers or equivalent. So I have two chargers than can take care of them. That 328 will tell me more with the display should I need to assess capacity etc. Both are well reviewed and good chargers.

As for cost I worked out to $46 CND to my door for two packages of them.