Just found this light:

Pelican_3315_AA_Safety_Flashlight.jpg

http://www.pelican.com/lights_detail.php?recordID=3315

Review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxyGoJwLL1Q

Features of Pelican 3315 Safety approved LED work light:
• compact AA flashlight running on three AA alkaline batteries
• 113 lumens
• maximum beam range of 153 meters (501 feet)
• runs for 9.75 hours per battery set
• safety approved for use in hazardous environments
UL listed Class I, II, III, Div 1
Groups A, B, C, D, E, F, G
T4 Exia
• pushbutton switch for on/off (no momentary on)
• powered by three AA alkaline batteries (included)
• measures 6.14" long x 1.6" head diameter
• weighs 6.2 ounces with batteries
• locking battery compartment (required for safety approvals)
lanyard has integrated key for unlocking battery compartment
• tethered battery door prevents loss
• water resistant (to IPX 4 standard)
• lightweight and durable polymer body
• includes Pelican 3315 flashlight with batteries and wrist lanyard

Image tags removed see Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images. Please host on an image site, Imageshack or similar and repost – Thanks Norm
sorry! hope it's right now.

Last edited:

bbrins

Newly Enlightened
Why not tell us why it is so amazing to you rather than just posting a link to the manufacturer's site? Is it just because it looks awesome, or do you actually have a use for an intrinsically safe light?

y260

Enlightened
The marketing on the site sort of makes it seem like a 3315 lumen flashlight. But it's "113 lumens of super bright LED light."

sunfire

Newly Enlightened
Why not tell us why it is so amazing to you rather than just posting a link to the manufacturer's site? Is it just because it looks awesome, or do you actually have a use for an intrinsically safe light?
Well...sorry...:stupid:in fact this thread was about some AA lights w/ body click switch when "bang!!!" I found this light. Love at first sight. Not just because it looks awesome, but it's a bigger, high visibility polymer body AA flashlight. 113 lumens,almost 10h runnung time[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]. Just [/FONT]perfect for me. :bow:
Really, I don't need a intrinsically safe light, but lately, this is the kind that attracts me (emergency and work lights). This is the light that I'll want to have on hand when I have to face an extreme situation.
I already have a I.S. one, but it's a 2D light.
Right now I'm looking for a place that can send to Brazil for a reasonable shipping cost.:candle:

There's already a review:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well...sorry...:stupid:in fact this thread was about some AA lights w/ body click switch when "bang!!!" I found this light. Love at first sight. Not just because it looks awesome, but it's a bigger, high visibility polymer body AA flashlight. 113 lumens,almost 10h runnung time. Just perfect for me. :bow:
Really, I don't need a intrinsically safe light, but lately, this is the kind that attracts me (emergency and work lights). This is the light that I'll want to have on hand when I have to face an extreme situation.
I already have a I.S. one, but it's a 2D light.
Right now I'm looking for a place that can send to Brazil for a reasonable shipping cost.:candle:

There's already a review:

I'm with you, a BIGGER, handful sized single mode moderate output light like this would fit into my plan. I'm just not as impressed by the runtime at 113 lumens on 3 aa's as you are. Maybe I'm expecting too much and/or it would do much better on L91's. I just know on 2 AA's, sunwayman's latest side by side does that long at 70 lumens (no clue about regulation/taper etc. with either), I guess that is proportional. Wish our reviewers covered more "non enthusiast" lights like this one, but their existence generally just annoy the (real) flashlight enthusiasts.

Either way glad to know this type of light is still being made. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:

sunfire

Newly Enlightened
I'm with you, a BIGGER, handful sized single mode moderate output light like this would fit into my plan. I'm just not as impressed by the runtime at 113 lumens on 3 aa's as you are. Maybe I'm expecting too much and/or it would do much better on L91's. I just know on 2 AA's, sunwayman's latest side by side does that long at 70 lumens (no clue about regulation/taper etc. with either), I guess that is proportional. Wish our reviewers covered more "non enthusiast" lights like this one, but their existence generally just annoy the (real) flashlight enthusiasts.

Either way glad to know this type of light is still being made. Thanks for the heads up.

Words of wisdom! Thanks! :clap:

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic

This is a PROFESSIONAL flashlight!

At IPX4, its not as professional as one would hope for, as it, its not able to get very wet.

For a just a storm, etc, you'd want IPX7 typically.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is a PROFESSIONAL flashlight!

Whoa I was kind of saying it's the opposite, but I'm okay with that. It's just hard to find premium quality lights with those features, or the lack of features it has I guess.

You're trying to get me in trouble lol!

:whoopin:

Csp203

Newly Enlightened
I have no idea what all of those hazmat levels are, but I assume I found a safe light to take with me to the restroom when the power is out.

I think Streamlight makes a 4aa side switch polymer light with 300 lumens.

sunfire

Newly Enlightened
Whoa I was kind of saying it's the opposite, but I'm okay with that. It's just hard to find premium quality lights with those features, or the lack of features it has I guess.

You're trying to get me in trouble lol!

:whoopin:
Sorry, not my intention. I just edited it.:eek:
As professional flashlight I mean: for professional, "no mercy" use. For "non enthusiast" consumers! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

sunfire

Newly Enlightened
At IPX4, its not as professional as one would hope for, as it, its not able to get very wet.

Thanks for the tip. My Energizer I.S. meets IPX7 and this 3315 is only IPX4? Strange...:confused:

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I have no idea what all of those hazmat levels are, but I assume I found a safe light to take with me to the restroom when the power is out.

I think Streamlight makes a 4aa side switch polymer light with 300 lumens.

LOL

Most lights should be safe to go to the bathroom with....regardless of ratings. (unless your gas is a lot worse than normal, etc...)

:D

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is an efficiency jump compared to the 4aa 100 lumen lights that Pelican and streamlight had out a year or two ago.

my 4aa streamlight is 100 lumens, has an 8 hour runtime with the last 6 of those hours being 80 lumens.

I like high high visibility lights that take regular batteries, but I think I'd rather buy the 300 lumen one mentioned earlier

sunfire

Newly Enlightened
LOL

Most lights should be safe to go to the bathroom with....regardless of ratings. (unless your gas is a lot worse than normal, etc...)

:D

It reminded me of an explosion in the late night, years ago...:eek:
Be careful with the "Cocada" (a brazilian coconut candy).:caution:

sunfire

Newly Enlightened
This is an efficiency jump compared to the 4aa 100 lumen lights that Pelican and streamlight had out a year or two ago.

my 4aa streamlight is 100 lumens, has an 8 hour runtime with the last 6 of those hours being 80 lumens.

I like high high visibility lights that take regular batteries, but I think I'd rather buy the 300 lumen one mentioned earlier

Yeah, the Propolymax. Personally, I prefer 113lumens/9,75h than 300lumens/2,75h.[h=1][/h]

sunfire

Newly Enlightened

Can you explain me this rate for the Streamlight Propolymax?

"IP67 rated for dust-tight and waterproof to 1 meter for 30 minutes; IPX4 for water spray"

I'm confused!:confused: