The US Government's War On E-Cigarettes

Norm

Retired Administrator
The US Government's War On E-Cigarettes.

It's here, folks. The battle royale between US regulators and the people over e-cigarettes is upon us. It started a few years ago, calmly, but with New York City banning vaping in public places, the knives are about to come out.

Google US Government's War On E-Cigarettes

I'm not a smoker but I know this will interest some members.

Norm

Last edited:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will hit our shores here in the UK very soon,i think the UK government are going to class it a medicine and more bs to go with it.Let people smoke and die of it if they want,cannot see a problem as in my country they get more back in ciggy tax than they spend on NHS help for smoking related illness.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be glad to see the vapers lose this fight. E-cigs seem to make the people that smoke them even more unbearable than regular smokers.

A friend of a friend uses e-cigs, and he proceeded to smoke it indoors, blowing his fake cherry flavored crap all over my kids, saying "it's fine, it's not a cigarette".

Sample size of one, I know, but I happily wield my tar brush.

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be glad to see the vapers lose this fight. E-cigs seem to make the people that smoke them even more unbearable than regular smokers.

A friend of a friend uses e-cigs, and he proceeded to smoke it indoors, blowing his fake cherry flavored crap all over my kids, saying "it's fine, it's not a cigarette".

THIS -- EXACTLY.

I'm not going to further get into this on here, but I WILL be writing letters to my local, state, and federal reps voicing my ardent support of this ban.

Last edited:

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darwin will thin the herds that think they are invincible. My parent both smoked and I'd rather not smell like an ashtray. Keep a can of starting ether around for extinguishing not a cigarette. People know better than to even consider lighting up in my home! Yeah I'm a certified ahole.

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast

An obvious lack of Vaping etiquette and disregard of public dislikes.

Tracker II

Enlightened
I'm now 58 years old and the worst decision I ever made in life was to start smoking as a teenager. I can't count the number of times I tried to quit over a 40 year period but it's safe to say that I just plain gave up trying, despite the fact that my resting pulse rate was in the high 70's and any exertion at all sent my pulse skyrocketing to scary levels. I really felt like I was one heavy-lift away from a massive grabber.

Three years ago I quit smoking and started using ecigs. Six months ago, I also quit ecigs. My resting pulse rate is now in the mid 50's and I can exercise and do yard work without fear. To use a well worn phrase, I feel like I have a new lease on life, and I thank God regularly for it.

I actually support the ban on the use of ecigs in the same places cigarettes are banned if for no other reason that to not expose children to it. I was always discreet and only showed it off to fellow smokers in the hopes of extending the length, and improving the quality of their lives also. It's somewhat disheartening for me to read about inconsiderate ecig users as this can only serve to limit their use and ability to help others.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
It's a good alternative to the real thing AND it should not be used as a license to puff out wherever and whenever. Classic case of a few ruining it for the many.