ThruNite Lynx - 1000 customizable lumens

Snareman

Enlightened
I recently got one of the new ThruNite Lynx's. Its a great light. 1000 lumens with 4 modes - 1 momentary on at 1000 lumens and the other 3 customizable from 0.4 lumens through 1000 lumens or either of the strobe speeds. It even comes with an 18650. Its become my new bedside light as it has a true tactical UI should there be that little something in the night. It sells for $129, so its not super cheap, but it seems very well made and I love the UI.

Here's a vid I did on it.

y260

Enlightened
Nice review :thumbsup: The beamshots at the end gave me a good idea of what this thing can do. One thing - I think the Lynx could be a good EDC. It's got a smaller diameter head than most 1000 lumen lights (or sub-1000). The only thing I really see preventing this from being a perfect EDC is the grip ring but then relative to other lights the grip ring is small.

Snareman

Enlightened
Nice review :thumbsup: The beamshots at the end gave me a good idea of what this thing can do. One thing - I think the Lynx could be a good EDC. It's got a smaller diameter head than most 1000 lumen lights (or sub-1000). The only thing I really see preventing this from being a perfect EDC is the grip ring but then relative to other lights the grip ring is small.

I think its a little large for EDC unless you have somewhere larger to carry it. I'm pretty sure the ring is removable if you don't like it.

Onthelightside

Enlightened
I found you on youtube but I didn't know you were a CPF member as well. On the quality part of the ThruNite take a look at Campfiretalk's review (youtube) of some thrunite lights he had some problems with the threads and PCB fit. Have you had any of those problems

Snareman

Enlightened
I found you on youtube but I didn't know you were a CPF member as well. On the quality part of the ThruNite take a look at Campfiretalk's review (youtube) of some thrunite lights he had some problems with the threads and PCB fit. Have you had any of those problems

Here I am. :). On the very first light that I had I had some problems with the glue in the head but otherwise haven't had any problems with the threads or anything else at all. What is PCB?

I'll have to check out the campfire Talk review when I get home tonight.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

Onthelightside

Enlightened
PCB is printed circuit board. He had an issue where if you shook the head of the light you could hear rattling. It made it so mode selection intermittently worked and would change modes without twisting (it was a twisty UI light.)

Snareman

Enlightened
PCB is printed circuit board. He had an issue where if you shook the head of the light you could hear rattling. It made it so mode selection intermittently worked and would change modes without twisting (it was a twisty UI light.)

Ah, ok. The only problem I had was the glue on the board, but otherwise no rattling or other stuff like that.

430Scuderia

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for taking the time to do a nice review and video. Nice watch too.:thumbsup: