Questioning Nightcore's MH2C ruggedness

fatelvis

Newly Enlightened
I bought one for work (construction, primarily in ceilings), and bought two others for work mates. I love the brightness and throw, but sometimes when it's bumped, it flickers. Is there a fix for this, or should I just expect this from this light and live with it? I thought maybe because of the charger being "onboard", maybe it makes the light more fragile or sensitive than the other lights I own. (love the Eagletac D25LC2) Thanks-

y260

Enlightened
I would expect no flicker from the light because it does have dual springs. Are you using 2x CR123's or the 18650 that came with it?

fatelvis

Newly Enlightened
The 18650 that comes with it. My partner's light does the same thing.

y260

Enlightened
I don't personally have the light, was just thinking that if it was CR123's, they tend to rattle (in any 2x CR123 flashlight) and break contact. If your partner has the same flicker than I would expect that's just how the light is. I don't see it as a huge issue, and maybe you're right about the charger being onboard thus the light being a tad more fragile. If it helps, I have the SRT7 and have not seen any flicker from bumping the light.

fireonhigh

Newly Enlightened
i use the mh2c everyday. i drop it often and bang it around, it does not flicker, i dropped it so many times the the bezel is getting worn half way down to the lens. call the dealer and ask for replacement?

fatelvis

Newly Enlightened
Now my work partner has one as well, and while in the ceiling with him, I witnessed his flickering just like mine. Lightning striking twice? Hmmmm

fireonhigh

Newly Enlightened
i believe you, just saying mine has no flickering,is why said you should call the dealer you bought from, i work in auto garage ,always dropping on concrete, covered in oil, its still working great, if the dealer says no dice and you are still in the 1year warranty? buy from going gear next time.