EagleTac SX25A6 blinks off periodically

Tremelune

Newly Enlightened
When I have the light on, whether in Stage 1, 2, or 3, it will flash off every 30s or so. I've replaced the batteries with a freshly charged set of Eneloops to no avail. I read the manual and see no mode like this described anywhere. It's not so much a strobe or an SOS...the thing just goes out for a second and then comes back on solid. I tried going to Tactical mode and back without a change.

Anyone know what might be going on? I'm boggled.

maxilux

Enlightened
When you are sure batteries are ok and nothing change than the Flashlight is broken.
Normaly the flash every 30s is low battery warning.

bonhomme

Newly Enlightened
I had the same thing with 6AA alkalines from duracell (after +- 5-10 minutes of use the flashlight blinkt every 30 seconds).
Eagletac recommend using Energizer L91 ultimate lithium : so i tried that and indeed after using it for more than +-30minutes it still does not blink.
On the eagletac site is written: the voltage warning kicks in at +-6.2Volts (eneloops are 1.2volt (i think) so there is not much room for the voltage warning)
Greetings Marc

fridgemagnet

Newly Enlightened
Well that's somewhat put me off this otherwise rather beautiful flashlight.
No plastic battery carrier is really nice, and 6 AA's makes fine use of eneloops.

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The latest lights really draw quite a high current from any cell, which is probably the design reason behind paralleling cell stacks. Hence the need to use cells with a higher-current capability. However that capability is often achieved only after a few cycles. ie: a set of Eneloops fully charged but with only 1-2 cycles on them may not supply the necessary current. I have had that exact problem at least once, but admittedly only on a high/turbo output.