Q: How to remove a Nitecore SRT5/SRT6 head & LED?

ghos

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

Dunno if anyone has tried this but does anyone know how do you remove the led emitter from the head from a nitecore SRT5?
Or remove and expose the light engine from any recent nitecore lights apart from the EA4?

This :

http://www.edchub.com/storage/srt5/srt5.jpg

Image tags removed see Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images. Please host on an image site, Imageshack or similar and repost – Thanks Norm

Wanted to swap out the cool XML emitter for a Neutral white 5000K 3C one, and the red/blue 3mm led to a 3mm UV led, the reason why i like this light is because of its many modes (infinite variable/strobe etc) and the ability to pre-select a mode via the selection ring before even powering the light on, not something a lot of other custom lights can do

I've managed to remove the bezel using a wrench and pilers with a rubber sheet, this allows the remove of the lens, reflector and exposes the LED (xml on 10mm star?) and secondary red/blue 3mm LED on the board, but there is no way to do any work in there is the space is way too tight

I figured i'll have to remove the whole outer shell (or at least i think it has one), i tried using a wrench to grip the hexagon part and using a piler with rubber cloth to turn the head but so far all i'm getting is scratched anodizing.. really afraid i'll break the selector ring or something so thought i'll check here first before proceeding..

Heard that you'll have to use a heatgun or something also?

Merry Christmas!!

Last edited by a moderator: