Surefire 6r led conversion?

Fast LT1

Newly Enlightened
I have a BNIB surefire 6p and 6r conversion kit. Id like to use this light at work but I don't know if they're are any good mods for it. What is the output on the 6r battery? 3.7 volts? I'd like to put a drop in in it.

id like to run cr123's or the stock battery, assuming I can have some more made at all pack

Last edited:

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no experience with the 6r conversion kit.

The 6P can take any P60-compatible LED drop-in, which is most of them. If you're going to use stock CR123 batteries, you just need to figure out what your requirements are: how much output? What kind of run time? Do you care about a tint?

Fast LT1

Newly Enlightened
Is want the length of the 6r though. Slightly longer than a 9p. I know I can use or as a 6p. I dot need an extreme drop in, 3200 lumens would be fine. Tint doesn't matter to me.

gregs04.5

Newly Enlightened
I put a XML-T6 drop in unit in my P6, just had to remove the large spring off of the bottom. Run time and out put have significantly increased, so has heat build up. The standard Zenon bulb ran warm, but the LED seems to run warmer, not to bad though, and the improvements were worth it.

gregs04.5

Newly Enlightened
By the way, there is a sticky at the top, labeled P60 drop ins, or something like that, should be some useful info in there.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
Fast LT1 so you want the length of the 6R right? First off any of Nailbender or Vinh's drop-in will work. Second the B65 battery is a Ni-Cad and they are crappy and unavailable. See if you can find one of these (this is an old link from battery junction and is not available). Surefire Z29 battery spacer converts 6R to lithium without taking the body extension off: http://www.batteryjunction.com/surefire-z29.html