MULTI-LED FLASHLIGHT BEAMSHOT SHOOTOUT

rdrfronty

Enlightened
I recently purchased a X60vn and wanted to see how this beast stacks up against some other powerful lights. So brother I gathered up a bunch of our Multi-Led lights and did some beamshots. Some of the lights are stock & but most are modded. I included some data on the lights from our testing.
We did a set of shots at 120m across a football field targeting a scoreboard. Then a 220m shot across a parking lot targeting a treeline. We figured this setup does a pretty good job of showing both flood and throw. The camera used was a Canon rebel T3i. Settings were f5.6, ISO 800, 1.2sec, & auto white balance. The 120m shots were done at a 34mm focal point & the 220m shots were done at a wide 18mm focal point to show these powerful lights flood.
So the lineup -

So here is the first set, 120m at the scoreboard -
KING-

KUNG-

M6-

TRJ12-

TERMINATOR-

TK75-

SP03-

X40vn-

BTU-

X60vn-

BTU-IOS-

Here is the next set, 220m at a treeline. This set starts showing a better separation between the flooders vs the lights with some serious throw. Trees are much more difficult targets & they are almost twice as far away -
KING-

KUNG-

M6-

TRJ12-

TERMINATOR-

TK75-

SP03-

X40vn-

BTU-

X60vn-

BTU-IOS-

rdrfronty

Enlightened
Also we used a K40vn to setup the camera & etc., so here is a quick shot of it vs the X60vn. The K40vn is no slouch at 394K and 1625 lumens, but the X60vn's 433K and 6430 lumens kinda smacks it around.
K40vn -

X60vn -

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for this comparison! I have been looking for something like this as I am always considering picking up a light with more throw than my TK75. It is nice to see visually how they stack up rather than just going by the numbers.

Albert56

Newly Enlightened
MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL

I just ordered the X60vn... I can't wait for it to arrive now.

My next two most powerful lights are my TN31mb and my TK75.

According to the numbers, The X60vn should have throw on par with my TN31mb and handily out-flood my TK75. Yeowza!!

rdrfronty

Enlightened
MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL

I just ordered the X60vn... I can't wait for it to arrive now.

My next two most powerful lights are my TN31mb and my TK75.

According to the numbers, The X60vn should have throw on par with my TN31mb and handily out-flood my TK75. Yeowza!!
I also have a TN31mb. My X60vn also just squeaks past the TN31mb. With my testing, 433k for the X60vn vs 414k for the TN31mb.
The TN31mb has gained my respect lately though. For awhile, I was a little disappointed with the sorta low 741 lumens I tested the TN31mb at. Especially after I got the TN31vn and K40vn. But I've started noticing just how easy the light throws a little "ball" of light so easy. The mb on level 1 or 2 will throw an amazing amount of distance considering how little lumens it is at those levels. The TN31vn can't touch it like that. But the TN31vn gets very impressive once it hits level 5 & 6 - then it surpassed the TN31mb threw brute force.
Anyway, the X60vn is an amazing light. You'll love it I'm sure. It's VERY impressive.

RetroTechie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very impressive set of lights you gathered there, rdrfronty! :twothumbs

But you missed an opportunity there imho: FIRE THEM ALL UP AT ONCE! :bow: (and cause some UFO reports etc)

Albert56

Newly Enlightened
I also have a TN31mb. My X60vn also just squeaks past the TN31mb. With my testing, 433k for the X60vn vs 414k for the TN31mb.
The TN31mb has gained my respect lately though. For awhile, I was a little disappointed with the sorta low 741 lumens I tested the TN31mb at. Especially after I got the TN31vn and K40vn. But I've started noticing just how easy the light throws a little "ball" of light so easy. The mb on level 1 or 2 will throw an amazing amount of distance considering how little lumens it is at those levels. The TN31vn can't touch it like that. But the TN31vn gets very impressive once it hits level 5 & 6 - then it surpassed the TN31mb threw brute force.
Anyway, the X60vn is an amazing light. You'll love it I'm sure. It's VERY impressive.

I agree... the TN31mb is a really nice light. My particular sample tested at 402kcd. It's a really great compact spotlight, but it has no real spill and produces a tunnel vision effect. I prefer my TK75 for work.

Seems the X60vn is the best of both worlds - and let's face it - wowing non-flashaholic friends with one's lights is half the fun!

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I agree... the TN31mb is a really nice light. My particular sample tested at 402kcd. It's a really great compact spotlight, but it has no real spill and produces a tunnel vision effect. I prefer my TK75 for work.

Seems the X60vn is the best of both worlds - and let's face it - wowing non-flashaholic friends with one's lights is half the fun!

That routine of attempting to "See what's out there through a paper towel tube" effect is one of my pet peeves.

Flood is so much more useful, and the only time I can deal with the "tube" is when the sight-lines are severely constricted, and the floodier beams glare on proximal objects too much, or when the distances needed are so challenging that the only way to REACH the distant target is with a handheld light that is portable enough to be deployed, WITH a ridiculously tight beam. (Otherwise, a truck/rig mounted spot light can get you some flood and range, etc)

The X60vn looks to be an absolute BEAST.

:D

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the light labeled K40vn in the upper shots actually a stock K40?

The one posted after looks more like a proper VN ;)

rdrfronty

Enlightened
Is the light labeled K40vn in the upper shots actually a stock K40?

The one posted after looks more like a proper VN ;)
The K40 I's a K40vn. 394kcd & 1625 lumens. It's the image on the top. The image below it is the X60vn. Both images are a little underexposed. But its main purpose is so how the X60vn does against a healthy K40vn.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ooops it was an X40vn in the first shots- just noticed that haha. Now it all makes sense.