The ITP A3 Arrived!

Dimt

Newly Enlightened
Just received my ITP A3! The tracking was not showing up and it was getting close to two weeks, then this afternoon it magically appeared in my mailbox. So much for tracking.

It has a nice beam & throw and the three modes are nicely spaced. I wanted the ITP version because it starts at low then medium then high. Plus the clip can be reversed to use on a hat brim as a headlight. The ITP version is getting harder to find, I'm happy it did not get lost in the mail.

rje58

Enlightened
ITP seems to have a lot of fans, especially for a company that has apparently been bought out. The i3s is the successor to the A3, of course, and I have one of those in my pocket right now. I don't mind the M-H-L UI. I use it in Med more than Low or High anyway. I know to cycle it twice in a safe direction or pressed against my clothing if I need it to start in Low to preserve my night vision.

The ITP C and S series lights seemed to have a pretty good user base.

It has a nice beam & throw and the three modes are nicely spaced. I wanted the ITP version because it starts at low then medium then high. Plus the clip can be reversed to use on a hat brim as a headlight. The ITP version is getting harder to find, I'm happy it did not get lost in the mail.

LowLumen

Newly Enlightened
I bought a bunch of these 2 years ago on clearance (the XP-E version after XP-G was released). Of the 6 that I gifted all are still working. The new version with XP-G2 and M-H-L sequence has much better driver efficiency on medium; the 20 lumen draws only 100mA from the AAA battery. I always have one in my pocket. That makes it easily my most used flashlight.

jbrett14

Enlightened
I bought a bunch of these 2 years ago on clearance (the XP-E version after XP-G was released). Of the 6 that I gifted all are still working. The new version with XP-G2 and M-H-L sequence has much better driver efficiency on medium; the 20 lumen draws only 100mA from the AAA battery. I always have one in my pocket. That makes it easily my most used flashlight.

Interesting. You have me curious. Of the 6 gifted lights, do you know if they all get used regularly?

LowLumen

Newly Enlightened
The one in my pocket (XP-G) gets used daily, battery gets charged once every 1-2 weeks. One in my wife's purse gets minimal use, charges every couple months. 3 are on key chains and quite beat up but only one of those gets used daily; don't really know how often on the other 2. Number 6 still had the original lithium battery, almost completely dead but still working on low. (...I guess that was enough light for the last few months.)

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
I last purchased 50 of the XPG-R5 'upgrade' version at one shot, LOL. Have gifted almost all of them away. I guesstimate that I have gifted about 100 of these lights. They are absolutely the best gift I have ever had the pleasure of giving. Every single recipient was thrilled with their light. I was very sorry to see this light discontinued...............

I EDC a SS (stainless steel) version with 10440 battery, and it amazes everyone! :D

wjv

Enlightened
When iTP got bought out, it was a great loss. The fake "I" version lights that Olight is producing are nothing compared to the originals.

I have a A2 EOS and a C8T and both have been great lights!

Dimt

Newly Enlightened
I last purchased 50 of the XPG-R5 'upgrade' version at one shot, LOL. Have gifted almost all of them away. I guesstimate that I have gifted about 100 of these lights. They are absolutely the best gift I have ever had the pleasure of giving. Every single recipient was thrilled with their light. I was very sorry to see this light discontinued...............

I EDC a SS (stainless steel) version with 10440 battery, and it amazes everyone! :D

Stainless Steel I'm jealous!

Daso

Newly Enlightened

Hi, May I ask which 10440 and charger you're using and if you're happy with performance and safety?. I'm new here and just got an ITP A3 EOS 3 mode light and wanted to get the maximum performance from it for short periods of use.

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
Hi, May I ask which 10440 and charger you're using and if you're happy with performance and safety?. I'm new here and just got an ITP A3 EOS 3 mode light and wanted to get the maximum performance from it for short periods of use.

I use Ultrafire WF-138 charger and Ultrafire 500mAh unprotected 10440 batteries. I have been using these chargers and batteries for a few years now with no problems. I have also given away a bunch of these. HOWEVER, I am always very selective about who I give the 10440 package to and I include a careful warning with the gift. There is some danger here if you run this light on high for an extended period with the 10440 battery. The Hi setting can only be used for short durations with 10440........

Daso

Newly Enlightened
Chevy-SS < thanks for your answer. Can one use protected cells as well (trying to mitigate any suit pocket risks)? I would only use high (or small flashlights in general) for short periods here and there and also to show off a bit at its highest setting for a second here or there. A little WOW factor is ok right?

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
Chevy-SS < thanks for your answer. Can one use protected cells as well (trying to mitigate any suit pocket risks)? I would only use high (or small flashlights in general) for short periods here and there and also to show off a bit at its highest setting for a second here or there. A little WOW factor is ok right?

I think the protected cells are too long. But you'd need to confirm that. The light will easily run for 15 or 30 seconds on Hi before getting warm. Plus, it comes on in low, so if it accidentally comes on in your pocket, it should be ok. Still, protected batery might be wiser choice! :D