Where can I get a Peak Eiger Ultra X ?

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
I looked just now, and I think Oveready is selling what you're asking for but under a slightly different name.

em-mgt.com has two separate categories for the Eiger with the Logan optics -- Eiger Ultra for AAA and Eiger UltraX for 10440.

But Oveready has lumped those two together under the heading "AAA/10440 - Peak Eiger Turbo (Ultra)". Under that heading, the description of the product is "Extra large Logan sized optic on a trim AAA sized body"

Unfortunately, though, both merchants have exclusives -- the brass body option and high cri LED option seem to be available only at em-mgt, while the xpg2 cool white option and Nichia 219 option seem to be available only at Oveready.

Last edited:

kooter

Enlightened
Cheers Norm and Mojavemoon. Ordered from Oveready. :thumbsup: Hopefully its the one I want. LOL. Peak website shows and tells you exactly what your getting, Oveready not so straight forward.

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
Cheers Norm and Mojavemoon. Ordered from Oveready. :thumbsup: Hopefully its the one I want. LOL. Peak website shows and tells you exactly what your getting, Oveready not so straight forward.

icon14.gif
Let us know how it turns out. As a follow-up to what I bolded, Oveready has had and, I expect it's safe to assume, will have other LEDs to choose from for any of their Peak models. In other words, these two LED options probably are temporarily the only two available for the Eiger Ultra. I've seen as many as four or five at a time to choose from.

After you have purchased a model, Oveready's website is set up to permit a customer to order just the head should the customer down the road want a head with a different LED.

I don't know how a customer finds out the timetable for when other LEDs will be restocked; Oveready is excellent at answering email in a timely and thorough manner.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Be aware that the Ultra is different than the UltraX .... The Eiger Ultra (regulated) can run either AAA or 10440, but the Eiger UltraX (direct drive) is intended to run only on ICR10440.

Yes, Peak terminology can be a bit confusing :eek:

Last edited:

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The IMR10440 also drives the UltraX just fine. And until the voltage drops off, the X will also run in a Peak penlight with two Energizer Lithiums although their combined voltage is still too low to allow full performance.

archimedes

Flashaholic
FYI, IMR10440 is not recommended by Peak for the UltraX... presumably the lower internal resistance of IMR chemistry may overdrive the (direct-driven) emitter, potentially shortening its length of service, and could heat up the flashlight rather dramatically.

EDIT - DwF, I do realize that you are one of the Peak experts here on the forum, but this post is primarily for the less experienced who may happen upon this thread :)

Last edited:

seb13

Newly Enlightened
But Peak dont ship outside of the US and Oveready dont have what I want. Do they sell these anywhere else ?

I bought an Eiger Ultra X a month ago directly from Peak and i'm in France so i think that you can order on their website.