" Build this " thread

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Ideas you would like to see in flashlight designs
simple~complex_____ there is no right or wrong here

hopefully manufactures listen up..:thumbsup:

For starters:

Someone build a P60 host that has an Infinitely Variable Magnetic Ring built in, for using single mode drop-ins.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would imagine this could only be done if this driver were part of the light and the P60 modules would have to be driverless(like a Surefire L1).

nbp

Flashaholic
In the Surefire 2014 thread I posted my desire for a new E1L type light with a slight increase in output and the old L4 "wall of light" beam pattern. I would love that. I am not a huge fan of TIR and nearly all their smaller lights use it. I prefer a nice big hotspot, ample spill.

Moonshadow

Enlightened
My list would be:

No PWM.

No preflash.

No "soft start".

No reverse clickies.

No strobe if you don't want it.

All levels selectable one-handed from tailcap.

All very simple, reasonable requests.

Very happy with my HDS, D10 and Gladius which meet all of these criteria. It would be good to see a few more of the current crop of 500+ Lumen lights keeping it as simple as these.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Build your light with the TIR super-spot optic, sure. But put a ring of emitters under the optic and reflectorize the heck out of the optic holder cavity. Now we just need to come up with a UI for this sleek new flood-to-throw capability you have.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fenix E01 in AA. The same level of build quality, potting, output - everything. Except in an AA format. :p

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
i want a nitecore chameleon with a selector ring srt 6 style, standby in the middle, turn left for fully variable xpe red or go right for fully variable xpg2. cant stand flicking through too many outputs to get what i want so i wont buy the stock one now.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the Surefire 2014 thread I posted my desire for a new E1L type light with a slight increase in output and the old L4 "wall of light" beam pattern. I would love that. I am not a huge fan of TIR and nearly all their smaller lights use it. I prefer a nice big hotspot, ample spill.

Add the L1/EB1 tactical switch and I'd buy one.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
AA
Tail Standing
Forward / Momentary rear clicky
Side switch mode selection
.3 / 3 / 30 / 200 lumen output modes
high cri
Deep carry, bezel down, pocket clip

What amazes me is that such a light doesn't already exist. Really. Why? Those are all such basic features, yet no one has managed to put them all together yet.

Last edited:

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fenix E01 in AA. The same level of build quality, potting, output - everything. Except in an AA format. :p

Yes, that (if they keep it the same cost as the E01).

Heck, I also want a single D-cell version, or any 1 D cell light for that matter (smaller than a cut down Mag I mean)