If I prefer the ShiningBeam S-Mini to the O-Light S20 L2, what is my best EDC light?

ozzie_c_cobblepot

Enlightened
Despite the advantages of the S20 (brighter, shorter, moonlight, low battery indicator, solid non-twist head, and better mode spacing), I prefer the S-Mini both because of its simplicity and because the S20 must always stay locked out at the tail when in my pocket. Whereas I can carry the S-Mini active in my pocket, so confident that the [rather deep] reverse clicky tail switch will not activate that I forget about the possibility, I was unsuccessful in my quest to create similar simplicity for the S20.

When push comes to shove, I care about a low time from "pocket to on", in the level I want. I can't think of a side switch UI (not even the SC600) where I wouldn't want to lock out the tail cap when in the pocket. I like the concept of the head selector on the TX25C2, but I'm not sure if the added complexity is worth it. I like the 18650 battery, mostly because I have a good supply, and don't want a second form factor exclusively got flashlights. I like the length of the S20 better than the S-Mini, but I understand the tailcap adds some space, and I wouldn't want it much shorter, because I like it to fill my grip.

So am I right? Is the S-Mini the best EDC light for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk