TK75 new version simple unboxing .more lumens but a some trade off to the old version

den331

Newly Enlightened
got my new TK75 =)

XML-U2. perfectly flawless reflector

my other torch

and this is the trade off. Tk75 owners version 1 will definitely will notice the trade off this new version

Last edited:

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it the use of 18650 batteries? If so, sounds like Fenix wants users to spend on their batteries over other brands.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Just like you, i noticed the shorter burntime before stepdown in the manual on my TK75-L2(the new XM-L2 version). I´ve tested running the light on turbo and measured the time on a stopwatch before stepdown, and my torch step down from turbo to high after exactly 16 minutes. I did the test by having the light tailstanding on a table and had it set on turbo, so no extra cooling was added.

Totaly i had 3x16 minutes intervals on turbo and then almost another full interval before the light no longer could keep turbo mode and instantly stepped down to high mode. I´ve got just beneath 60 minutes of turbo mode totaly. I am using 4x18650 3400 mAh batteries.

Since i don´t have the original TK75 i can´t compare with it,but i don´t know why the upgraded TK75 have shorter turbo mode than it´s predecessor?:shrug:

den331

Newly Enlightened
What battery you using? I tested mine i got exactly 16 minutes before stepping down to high. And also i got 3 accumulated turbo before the light can no longer sustain turbo. At first step down i measured the voltage its around 3.90v for just 16 minutes of turbo. It consumes lots of juice on my ncr18650B
Just like you, i noticed the shorter burntime before stepdown in the manual on my TK75-L2(the new XM-L2 version). I´ve tested running the light on turbo and measured the time on a stopwatch before stepdown, and my torch step down from turbo to high after exactly 16 minutes. I did the test by having the light tailstanding on a table and had it set on turbo, so no extra cooling was added.

Totaly i had 3x16 minutes intervals on turbo and then almost another full interval before the light no longer could keep turbo mode and instantly stepped down to high mode. I´ve got just beneath 60 minutes of turbo mode totaly. I am using 4x18650 3400 mAh batteries.

Since i don´t have the original TK75 i can´t compare with it,but i don´t know why the upgraded TK75 have shorter turbo mode than it´s predecessor?:shrug:

Last edited:

NorthernStar

Enlightened
What battery you using? I tested mine i got exactly 16 minutes before stepping down to high. And also i got 3 accumulated turbo before the light can no longer sustain turbo. At first step down i measured the voltage its around 3.90v for just 16 minutes of turbo. It consumes lots of juice on my ncr18650B

I use Pure Power 3400 mAh batteries.
Purepower002_zps7d231f56.jpg

Unfortunately i don´t have any equipment to measure the voltage of the cells, but this light indeed consumes lots of juice!

den331

Newly Enlightened
maybe pure power is using panasonic cells my ncr18650b is also 3400mah. also after the first step down 16 minutes when i go back to turbo and turn the light off and turn it back on it resumes on high not on turbo. and i tried 2 fully charged sanyo's it resumes to turbo . i think it dosen't want to resume on turbo when the light is turned on because the voltage per cell is around 3.90-3.80v per cell
I use Pure Power 3400 mAh batteries.
Purepower002_zps7d231f56.jpg

Unfortunately i don´t have any equipment to measure the voltage of the cells, but this light indeed consumes lots of juice!

NorthernStar

Enlightened
maybe pure power is using panasonic cells my ncr18650b is also 3400mah. also after the first step down 16 minutes when i go back to turbo and turn the light off and turn it back on it resumes on high not on turbo. and i tried 2 fully charged sanyo's it resumes to turbo . i think it dosen't want to resume on turbo when the light is turned on because the voltage per cell is around 3.90-3.80v per cell

I think it´s Panasonic cells in the Pure Power batteries. When reading all reviews of the old TK75 it had 3x21 minutes intervals on turbo mode until it could no longer resume turbo mode. Obviously there is a small trade off by about 4-5 minutes of shorter burntime for each intervals on turbo mode with the new version compared to the old version.

dinokay

Enlightened
It would be interesting to see what would happen if you put an extension on tk75 and run it with 8 cells.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
If you burn brighter, its like flooring the gas in your car, it cuts the mpg....and makes more heat, etc.

So, sure, if you get more lumens, you get more heat. The step down is to protect from the heat. Adding cells can extend the run time, but should not change how much heat the system is producing on turbo.

:D

rsatmans

Newly Enlightened
Was given one of these for Christmas and I was very impressed with light output. I'm running 3400 panasonic batteries and Tenergy 2600 with no issues.