EAGTAC        

Thread: Card Trick

Enlightened

Default Card Trick

This Copperfield Illusion is freaking me out. Someone please explain. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Default Re: Card Trick

Ok, this explanation should be payment for the sleeping plant seeds [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Thank you BTW.

The cards are totally different when he "takes" one card away. Write down the cards in the beginning, and compare with the cards in the end. The colors and royalty make you assume that they are the same cards. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

//Dan

Enlightened

Thanks Dan,
    Now I'll be able to sleep tonight, albeit feeling a bit more stupid. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif[/img]

Dan's right! All the cards shown the second time are different from the ones shown the first time, so the card you are instructed to concentrate on is always gone later. Since you're concentrating on a single card, you naturally don't notice the exact suit and rank of all the other cards. The cards are only displayed for a couple of seconds the 2nd time to prevent you from studying too closely.

Of course the "spin" for that is since I concentrated on all 6 cards the first time, naturally they should all be removed when redisplayed. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif[/img]

I have to say I have worked his show 3 times now and it is impressive. We have to sign and agreement to not disclose how they are done, but even knowing how they do the tricks, it is impressive, a LOT of split second timing.

Penn and Teller on the other hand, really do things on stage that I can see from every angle and still can't figure them out.