New to forum, surefire parts question

baker1425

Newly Enlightened
Hello

Other than Surefire, or used on the CFPmarketplace, is there a good source for clicky tailcaps for 6Ps? I got several bodies with heads and P60 lamps from a gunshow that need tailcaps and switches. I'd rather not pay 30+ each for them.

This is all new to me, so if there's a forum member or supporter, I'm all for purchasing from them.

If we were talking firearms, I'd know the right questions to ask. I'm obviously new to forum, so please forgive me kind moderator if this is in the wrong place.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

You have at least a few options under $30.

1. You can find the SureFire Z59 from a few online vendors for just under $30 (B&H Photo and Adorama currently have it for $29.40)
  2. Get a tailcap from Malkoff Devices for $25. Although made for the Malkoff MD family of lights, they fit the 6P perfectly and provide a shroud which can allow tail standing and reduce the possibility of accidental activation.
  3. There are lots of SureFire clones out there from companies such as SolarForce. I don't have much personal experience with these but I believe I have read they will work well on the 6P. Others can confirm or correct this.

m4a1usr

Enlightened
If you want factory Suefire tailcaps for your lights than your stuck with the Z41 and Z59 pretty much. And the Z41 is a twisty not a clickie. They tend to go for right around the $20 mark. A McClicky upgrade will cost you another $12 making it $32. A Z59 will run you anywhere from $35 on up. So if you want to upgrade your Surefires on the cheap I would recommend you buy some SolarForce L2 Tailcaps (compatible with C bodies).Those will run you about $9 each.