Zebralight SC52W out of stock/backordered

Locyarod

Newly Enlightened
After a few months of waiting I was ready to order a SC52W but found that it is out of stock everywhere I've looked. Does anyone have any information about what is going on?

Etsu

Enlightened
ZL is horrible at supply management. They might be in stock tomorrow, or they might be in stock in several months, or never. If you don't care if/when you get the light, then just wait a few months and see. If you want a new light anytime soon, try a different brand.

My suspicion is that they're updating the SC52 models, and we'll see something new sometime in the next few months.

If it wasn't for their unique UI, I'd give up on ZL. Let's face it: they're ugly lights, there's been questionable quality in terms of water resistance and tint problems, and complaints of dealing with customer service in China. But, they are very innovative lights, so some people (including myself) have put up with the downsides.

tonkem

Enlightened
Not to mention that they are small lights with high efficiency and output for the size. I carry my SC52 cw everywhere since it is so small and having 6 output levels at any given time by a couple of clicks is awesome. I agree though that the company does not communicate very well, either by email, facebook, their website, etc, as to releasing of new lights and updates on lights currently "available". Even the dealers of the Zebralights have to send multiple emails to get updates on their orders. But I have read that they are ramping up production in the US by starting to produce the lights here, and opening a new customer service center as well. Patience is the order of the day, or find one on the CPF marketplace.

HikingMano

Newly Enlightened
I'm in the same boat, can't find the SC52w anywhere. Illumination Supply is getting a shipment in next week, but not the full quantity they ordered. I.S. can't fill all their backorders for the SC52w as a result (and I obviously couldn't score one). It sounds like they're not too pleased with ZL's communication either. Dealing with ZL and their inaccurate inventory listings has proved really frustrating for me in direct dealings.

The idea that an updated model is coming out is intriguing.

I'm close to either getting a SC52 or seeing what offerings from other manufacturers appeal. I really want a SC52w though, so I may just end up waiting it out...

jonesy

Enlightened
I was first looking to purchase an SC600W, then when that panned out, an H600W and haven't been able to find one anywhere for weeks. I finally broke down and got the H600FW, as IS said they had one in stock. I guess we'll see! I like their lights, but I've never seen a company with as bad supply chain management as them. How can a company literally have no lights for sale except for one or 2 models?

tonkem

Enlightened
I was first looking to purchase an SC600W, then when that panned out, an H600W and haven't been able to find one anywhere for weeks. I finally broke down and got the H600FW, as IS said they had one in stock. I guess we'll see! I like their lights, but I've never seen a company with as bad supply chain management as them. How can a company literally have no lights for sale except for one or 2 models?

They are likely on the cusp of getting up to production on current models and put out new models as well, after moving some production to the US from China. Hopefully they will get all their issues ironed out. At least it is not nearly the wait times some are dealing, with other companies, IE, HDS Systems lights over 1 year wait times, etc.

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight is awesome, so is my neutral white SC52. I ordered a cool white in the past spring but I got a neutral white tint. Got to love it :)

LEDburn

Enlightened
Three possible situations IMO:

1) They are currently upgrading the SC52 models to incorporate the newest UI.

If that is the case, I hope they keep PID away and continue to use 1 min step down. I already worry about continued turbo output from such small cells and feel they don't need to facilitate a way of further damaging your cell by allowing it to run on high for longer.

2) As has been speculated previously, perhaps they are gearing up to begin production in the US. Surely if this was the case they would maintain some overlap where one factory continues to manufacturer stock until the new facility is fully operational and able to keep up to production demands. Perhaps not..?

3) Or there's the fact that they really are just that popular..

Either way, the supply cannot keep up with the demand!!

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try e2 Field Gear.

The website says pre-order, but if you select it, it will let you check out. At least, I was able to check out a few days ago.

I ordered one on the 30th and it is on it's way here - should arrive tomorrow.

Good luck.