FiveMega Megalennium 2*26500 with XM-L2 (pics and beamshots)

Epsilon

Enlightened
This time, a mod based on the supurb 2*26500 Megalennium host. This is one of my favorite hosts I have every owned.
Great fit and finish with lots of grip and there is no doubt that this is a strong host.

The search for a suitable reflector and driver was a challange. Almost no reflector fits without modification.
In th end, the reflector used is a very heavily SST-50 reflector from DX (the same I used in the MagCharger build). All the filing is done by hand to make this fit (no pictures) and it is a PITA to do :p.

When I was done, the reflector wasn't as perfect as I would have liked though. That mainly is in regard to looks, the function of the reflector is hardly comprimized, so I decided to go with it :).

I made a light engine from a 5mm thick copper plate and copper tubing. The driver is a 4 mode (med-high-low-SOS) buck driver, putting out around 3.5A.
full.jpg

full.jpg

Not shown on pic (clearly): it also has a set-screw to fix the lightengine in the host.

The light can run continuously at 25C ambient without airlow. The light gets warm, but not to hot to hold, even at the head!
It is powered by 2* 26500 AW IMR cells.

Beam shots compared to a XM-L2 @ 4.5A in a rebel reflector. The rebel reflector is a lot deeper and a therefor capturing a little more spill (less wide). This compined with the lower drivecurrent, results in a slightly less bright hot-spot. The beam is very comparable!

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

Last edited: