• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired For Share: Surefire M6 bezel removal tool

Steve in SoCal

Enlightened
I have 1 M6 bezel removal tool that I purchased from RPM in April 2012. As a public service,I am offering to share it with USA domiciled Flashaholics for a period of up to 30 days each. The cost will be $5 in order to cover shipping/packaging. Members with low post counts will need to post a deposit. Please post your interest below.

yjusejyz.jpg

Currently being shared with: no one at the moment

Waitlist:

Last edited:

dbleznak

Enlightened
That's really cool of you. I have a KT1 and a KT4 head, it should work for both I hope. Now I need to get some RPM cren bezels. I'll keep you updated. Thanks again,

Dan

m4a1usr

Enlightened
I have 1 M6 bezel removal tool that I purchased from RPM in April 2012. As a public service,I am offering to share it with USA domiciled Flashaholics for a period of up to 30 days each. The cost will be $5 in order to cover shipping/packaging. Members with low post counts will need to post a deposit. Please post your interest below.

yjusejyz.jpg

I'm down for the "First" rental. PM me for details on how this will work. Once I loosen up my 4 or 5 heads I cant imagine needing this tool again for awhile.

dbleznak

Enlightened
Can I take the # 3 spot please!?!

Do I need to do the boiling water process in order to losen the thread lock (like when installing a tail shroud?)

Dan

Steve in SoCal

Enlightened
dbleznak is #2 on the waitlist.

As far as bezel removal methods... Yes boiling the KT4/KT1 in a ziplock bag is one of the suggested ways to loosen the glue holding the bezel onto the head. I hear that a heat gun may also be needed for extra stubborn bezels. Maybe m4a1usr and/or socom1970 can post their experiences when they finish their bezel removals?

Last edited:

Steve in SoCal

Enlightened
Does this one work on the older plastic rings?

No this was designed for the newer generation heads that have all metal bezels with notches on the inner edge..if you really have the desire for a certain mod you could trade your older KT4 head for a newer one i guess.

Last edited:

dbleznak

Enlightened
OK, I just got my RPM Ti bezels, so Im ready to take delivery whenever possible and I can do a 2 day turnaround with FedEx overnight shipping. I am also ready to make payment via PayPal whenever needed. Let me know. I hope all is well.

Best Regards,

Dan

Steve in SoCal

Enlightened
M4a1usr has the tool right now and I expect it back in the next week or so. If you are getting antsy, check and see if socom1970 wants to trade spots with you. :)

m4a1usr

Enlightened
It's headed back your way Steve. Should see it in a couple day's. Thank you for use. Hopefully more will get built by those you had sold them before. I'll post some pic's of one way to do the job per your request.

dbleznak

Enlightened
Socom- how many head are you doing? What method - boiling water or heat gun. I'm nervous, so I just bought a table vice, I have bad hands. Thanks

Dan