Remember your 1st post on CPF?

nbp

Flashaholic
I think mine was about the SureFire Titan. I couldn't imagine why anyone would spend $500 on a flashlight. That no longer seems crazy to me. :oops:

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, it was about 144 lights ago :broke:

I had lurked on here for quite a while before joining and posting. My first post was a request for recommendations on a new work light. Next thing you know, I'm hooked.

archimedes

Flashaholic
My first post (and many which followed) all vanished into the electronic void, sadly lost in the Big CPF Crash ... :sigh: :shrug: :eek:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Yes. I'm sure I commented on my joy and surprise of finding a site for people with this strange affliction. It felt good to know I was not alone.

Geoff

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine was starting a help thread for a Solarforce L2 that had a faulty drop-in.

I had been reading the forum for awhile and got desperate (I figured it out myself anyway).

archimedes

Flashaholic
Check your started threads. I found my list still intact.

I even had to re-register, since I joined during that several month window where everything was totally lost.

When I rejoined, a couple threads were credited to " z_archimedes " or something, but all of my other posts (including my first post) were gone ....

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
I didn't remember it until I searched for my started threads, and then it came back to me. I'm not sure that was my first post, but it was within a few days of the day I joined, so it might have been my first post. Apparently, I was looking to add safety lighting to my vehicle.

[EDIT] Nope... the first post was actually when I was asking questions about the Eternalight. I have since bought at least one of every model TomH has made, I do believe, and have given several as gifts. I still have two Ergo X-Rays, a Marine, and a Derringer floating around somewhere in my collection.

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Apparently my first post was asking about the Wolf Eyes M90X "Rattlesnake" with EO-13 bulb, a mind-warping 700 lumens from only three batteries (I have a single-cell 800 lumen light in my pocket as I type this..)

Z-Tab

Enlightened
I think it was lost in the crash, but I'm pretty sure that I was thanking Selfbuilt for a review of the 4sevens Quarks. I came here to shop for Christmas presents for my family and ended up with a pretty ridiculous collection of my own.