help is my TK75 Led slightly off centered?

den331

Newly Enlightened
is my TK75 LED slightly off centered? lower right Led. is this normal? because i dropped my Brand new tk75:oops: to the floor around 16 inches in height bazel first to the ground. i marked the bezel with a black marker that's the area got scratched from the impact. i'm just afraid the led got misaligned from the impact

Last edited:

AA#5

Newly Enlightened
I just checked mine & (depending on how you hold it) the right led does look like yours. It was probably part of the focusing adjustment at the factory. How does yours focus the three beams?

chazz

Enlightened
Kinda hard to tell by the pics, I know things like that can be annoying, I am always looking at stuff like that if I am buying a light in a store.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Would need a pic of it directly straight on to see,the pics are slightly angled so it looks a little off.

den331

Newly Enlightened

swan

Banned
No probs, just wondering if your battery carrier has fenix written on the bottom contacts. I noticed mine dosent say fenix like earlier tk75s and looks like the one from the new tk76.

den331

Newly Enlightened
no markings at all .. i notice on my unit the power button rubber switch has more slack before activating the switch compare to the mode switch. is this the same with your unit?
No probs, just wondering if your battery carrier has fenix written on the bottom contacts. I noticed mine dosent say fenix like earlier tk75s and looks like the one from the new tk76.

Last edited:

swan

Banned
Yes -mode has no slack, where as power button has just a little. I think this is such an impressive light-BIG THROW - BIG SPILL - BIG LUMENS.

den331

Newly Enlightened
thank you for that information! very bright light! my pd32UE looks like a pea shooter
Yes -mode has no slack, where as power button has just a little. I think this is such an impressive light-BIG THROW - BIG SPILL - BIG LUMENS.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
I´ve just checked my TK75-L2 and the LEDs looks the same as yours. I find the beam pattern flawless.:) Regarding the battery carrier, mine does not say Fenix either, but i know it´s a genuine light.

den331

Newly Enlightened
what i know is the first version of the tk75 has markings on the bottom of the carrier :tinfoil: . i observe during ultra low temperature the batteries cannot sustain turbo about a minute same goes with my pd32UE and sanyo batteries.
I´ve just checked my TK75-L2 and the LEDs looks the same as yours. I find the beam pattern flawless.:) Regarding the battery carrier, mine does not say Fenix either, but i know it´s a genuine light.

RCTPAVUK

Newly Enlightened
looks like this http://postimg.org/image/6qpwgomjl/ . i think my beam is still normal for a triple xml.

taken from this tread
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...es-bubbles-in-reflector&highlight=tk75+centre

Nice to see my picture :)
Mine 75th had 2 non-centered LEDs, from 3 to 5 dents (depends on what can be called a dent) on the reflector. The beam wasn't geometrically accurate.
The picture shows how the light is distributed on my wall... Now imagine how much of light is lost (not so tight hot-spot) on a long distance due to these fabric defects...

I was told that these "defects" don't affect the overall performance of the light destined to work on 500 meters+ distances...
I laughed, and sent the light back...

den331

Newly Enlightened
thank you for your reference drawing it is very useful source. my beam is exactly the same with your drawing . my reflector dosen't have dents
Nice to see my picture :)
Mine 75th had 2 non-centered LEDs, from 3 to 5 dents (depends on what can be called a dent) on the reflector. The beam wasn't geometrically accurate.
The picture shows how the light is distributed on my wall... Now imagine how much of light is lost (not so tight hot-spot) on a long distance due to these fabric defects...

I was told that these "defects" don't affect the overall performance of the light destined to work on 500 meters+ distances...
I laughed, and sent the light back...

Aahhyes68

Newly Enlightened
20140109_111541_zpsb0281ab7.jpg

20140109_111911_zps707258a0.jpg

I just opened my TK75 that arrived yesterday. Looks good to me I guess. I'm still waiting for the ext run kit and new batteries. I plan on marking them using the new set just for this light.