What do you use your Sunwayman D40A for?

Dimt

Newly Enlightened
The Sunwayman D40A is a impressive light with many modes. It is small for it's power but slightly bulky for EDC. Wondering how others are utilizing this light and it's features. If any do EDC do they use the supplied holster or have another way to keep at hand.

kj2

Flashaholic
Sometimes I use it, when I walk the dog. In that case, I use the holster.
I've to say, I use it way less than I thought I would. I find it easier to take a 18650-cell light with me, most of the times. I even EDC the Fenix PD32UE, which is quite larger to EDC for most.
But it's cool to show people, what a AA-sized light can do :)

SlipperTip

Newly Enlightened
Mine is my dog walking light and I absolutely love it.

It lives in one of my jacket pockets though and not the holster but then I do own a jacket that could carry my entire garage.

Seriously impressive light given the size.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm primarily a 1xAA/14500 sub-/low- lumen EDC guy but bought the D40A just because they stuck a sub-lumen mode on a power thrower, and I suppose it's nice to have an 800+ lumen thrower in the portfolio - I love the light. It's nothing I would ever EDC, but I'll always it take camping (vehicle/RV, NOT backpacking) with a DIY lantern diffuser for outdoors or for ceiling bouncing in a tent or RV. It's significantly more efficient on a lumen-hrs basis compared to my other single cell sub-lumen lights, probably due to the higher forward voltage (less boost reliance) - I've gotten 250+ hrs from a 9V on moonlight mode. This will be one of my go to power outage lights.

Also use it for dog walking occasionally, and like most lights I (we all) own, it makes a great show-off light. Love walking around on 1 or 15 lumens (I like my night vision), and come across some guy using a giant D-cell mag light. If he starts swinging his big 130 lms around..... I thoroughly enjoy making it disappear :).

Dimt

Newly Enlightened
[QUOTE
Also use it for dog walking occasionally, and like most lights I (we all) own, it makes a great show-off light. Love walking around on 1 or 15 lumens (I like my night vision), and come across some guy using a giant D-cell mag light. If he starts swinging his big 130 lms around..... I thoroughly enjoy making it disappear :).[/QUOTE]

Seems like the D40A is a dog walking light.

I have a motion detector in my yard connected to a alarm in my home. When the alarm goes off I quietly go thru my attached garage then blast my Fenix L2D (180 lumens) out into the yard to see what triggered the alarm. Most of the time it is deer or a occasional raccoon, fox or coyote. Sometimes, if I'm not quiet enough, all I see are eyes shining in the light.

The D40A is hopefully an upgrade to this process. The moonglow feature will allow me to not stumble in the dark through the garage and the turbo (980 lumens) will show me what those eyes are connected to. Now I have to wait for a alarm.

Maybe I'll start walking my dog in the dark and if I run into the guy with the D-cell mag light I'll show him bright things come in smaller packages now-days.

bill_n_opus

Enlightened
I have two ... just for the heck of it. One for backup at work and one for home.