Got a surprise yesterday..

erock05

Newly Enlightened
Now, I've been wanting the PD35 for quite some time now but got a bit disappointed when I heard about the drop down so I put it off, was looking to get either the SL Protac or the Nitecore SR7 instead. A few weeks ago before I found out about the drop down, a "special" friend of mine from out of state asked me what kind of FL she should get for herself, she owns a Stinger. I brought up the PD35 and told her about how I wanted one. Well, yesterday my roommate opened up the mailbox and there was a package for me from Amazon. In a nutshell, she got it for me so now im the owner of a PD35. Its her Christmas present for me. So far, im pretty impressed with it. It came with two Edison Bright c123s. Now, for those who own one. What kind of batteries do you use on it, which batteries should I get to get the most out of this light. Trust me, I did a few searches on this already and was overwhelmed with all the technical info, I couldn't find one in plain old English. Rechargeable batteries I heard was the way to go, is that true? If so what kind, brand etc? I'm also looking to get a charger, any recommendations?

den331

Newly Enlightened
panasonic 18650 rechargables. (NCR18650) also invest in a good charger like xtar vp1 or nitecore i4v2
Now, I've been wanting the PD35 for quite some time now but got a bit disappointed when I heard about the drop down so I put it off, was looking to get either the SL Protac or the Nitecore SR7 instead. A few weeks ago before I found out about the drop down, a "special" friend of mine from out of state asked me what kind of FL she should get for herself, she owns a Stinger. I brought up the PD35 and told her about how I wanted one. Well, yesterday my roommate opened up the mailbox and there was a package for me from Amazon. In a nutshell, she got it for me so now im the owner of a PD35. Its her Christmas present for me. So far, im pretty impressed with it. It came with two Edison Bright c123s. Now, for those who own one. What kind of batteries do you use on it, which batteries should I get to get the most out of this light. Trust me, I did a few searches on this already and was overwhelmed with all the technical info, I couldn't find one in plain old English. Rechargeable batteries I heard was the way to go, is that true? If so what kind, brand etc? I'm also looking to get a charger, any recommendations?

timbo114

Enlightened
I would recommend the Nitecore-IntelliCharger-i4-Battery-Charger (great price) Nitecore-i4-Intellicharger-Review

and ANY* Panasonic NCR18650B based 18650 protected li ion cell of 3100mAh to 3400mAh.

panny_zpsedd8605c.jpg

I use these items for flawless performance.

Onthelightside

Enlightened
:party::twothumbs Awesome! I don't own this particular light but a quick search showed it can take an 18650 battery which is the safest route since there will only be one cell. When you have multiple lithium cells in a light things can get tricky. AW is regarded as one of the best but I use Eagletac batteries as well and haven't had any problems (there was one fit problem with an RCR123 cell, but nothing with electrical problems.) As far as batteries mah value this is how long the battery will run essentially. I recommend getting the highest mAh that you can afford. The best is 3400 mAh currently. Illumination supply has a sale on Nitecore intellechargers so I would pick up one of those either the i2 or i4 model. The i2 charges 2 batteries and the i4 charges 4 batteries at a time. Hope this helps :D

EDIT: Just saw the posts above, they posted as I was writing. Make sure to double check if you are purchasing Panasonic branded NCR18650 batteries as usually they are just the bare cell and do not have a protection circuit built into them. The Eagletac batteries I mentioned use panasonic cells but Eagletac puts a protection circuit in so prevent bad things from happening (over discharge/charge, too much current etc.)

Last edited:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I pop an 18650 in mine,the poser turbo mode is incredible.

Bought a charger and battery in a local diy stall nothing special no name Chinese but does the job ok.

Last edited:

UnityIsPower

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered the PD35 off amazon from the seller edisonbright. I also ordered a charger/batt kit with; 2 orbtronic 3400mah batteries and a xtar VP1 charger.

Kit site:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CU0Z70G/?tag=cpf0b6-20

The charger looked cheaply made from the pics but it actually feels good in the hand; good weight, hard sturdy plastic, smooth display, great operation. I only ordered this after checking out the review from one of the members here.

Review site:
http://www.lygte-info.dk/

As for how I like the flashlight so far... It's not as bright as I was hoping but I have nothing to use as a reference. Also the F in the fenix logo seems a little worn but everything seems to be working.

wjv

Enlightened
The Tenergy 18650 cells are also good and a cheaper price.

But if you can afford it, the nitecore / orbtronics / panasonic cells are all very good. Especially the 3,400 mah ones.

Last edited:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered the PD35 off amazon from the seller edisonbright. I also ordered a charger/batt kit with; 2 orbtronic 3400mah batteries and a xtar VP1 charger.

Kit site:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CU0Z70G/?tag=cpf0b6-20

The charger looked cheaply made from the pics but it actually feels good in the hand; good weight, hard sturdy plastic, smooth display, great operation. I only ordered this after checking out the review from one of the members here.

Review site:
http://www.lygte-info.dk/

As for how I like the flashlight so far... It's not as bright as I was hoping but I have nothing to use as a reference. Also the F in the fenix logo seems a little worn but everything seems to be working.

Feed the serial number on your light onto the checker on Fenix site and it will tell you if it is a genuine Fenix.

Scooby214

Newly Enlightened
It checks out as authentic. My high expectations are provably the problem, lol.
Of my eight Fenix flashlights, two of them have minor imperfections in their lettering. They both have perfect beams and good tint, so I kept them. They both get lots of use, so they won't look new for too long anyway.

UnityIsPower

Newly Enlightened
I sold the light to my brother and he is happy with the brightness. Just small update. I miss my batts and charger tho...