M4 vs M6 for throw???

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
Will the M4 outhrow the M6 with both lights using the 225 lumens lamp? Do both of these lights use the same head?

Thanks

Size15's

Flashaholic
The same TurboHead is used by the M3T, M4 and M6. The lamps are different.

The M6 throws better than the M4 - it produces more intense white light for longer in my experience which gives it the edge. How people see beam throw is very specific to each user.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 6 cells in the M6 give it's MN20 (250 lumen lamp I believe) longer runtime before the dreaded yellowing sign of low batteries. Also, the M6 with MN20 will out-throw the M4 with MN60 but it's real close. Again, the M6 gives you better quality light (white light) longer than the M4, even though they are both rated to run 1 hour.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
There's a turbo head for the M6?!

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing additional than the stock M6-bezel, which happens to be the same bezel that's on the M3T and M4. So, the M6 bezel on a stock M3 is considered an M3T (Turbo). This same OEM bezel on a stock M6 is just considered an M6. Confused yet?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand someone in CPF once stated that the M6 has no throw but is only flood beam. I am confused. As far as I know, the M6 uses the same bezel as that of the M3T. If the turbo head for M3T is supposed to project the beam further, why is it that that someone claims an M6 has no throw? I am looking into the purchase of an M6 and I am concerned.

Andy Ho

Size15's

Flashaholic
The MN21 lamp (like the 10X full beam) producess a lot of light in a large beam, not a tight thin beam like a TigerLight or 9NT does.

The sheer amount of light produced by the M6 MN21 lamp make the beam more of a "wall of light" compared to a stab in the dark thin beam.

Do not be concerned.

Al

LLLean

Enlightened
How does the throw of the M6 (with the 250 lumens LA) compare to the throw of the SRTH (with N2 LA) running 3 123 cells? I'm only interested in knowing how they compare with respect to their throw. I have the SRTH with a Z3.
From Sean's site, i can see that the M6 has a MUCH bigger hotspot. Again, i'm only interested in how the throw of the M6 using the 250 lumens LA compares against the throw of the SRTH using N2. Sean, you probably can answer this.
Much thanks in advance.

- LLL

Francois1

Newly Enlightened
I don't have the srth but I've got 3" turboheads, which I think are similar in performance to the srth. The T2 clearly out throws the m6 with mn20, but it's so tight that it's for very specialized use. I find the m6's beam much more useful in actual use. If you're looking for ultimate throw in a surefire, look for a 9nt with the earliest 3" smooth reflector.

François.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
LLLean said:
How does the throw of the M6 (with the 250 lumens LA) compare to the throw of the SRTH (with N2 LA) running 3 123 cells? I'm only interested in knowing how they compare with respect to their throw. I have the SRTH with a Z3.
From Sean's site, i can see that the M6 has a MUCH bigger hotspot. Again, i'm only interested in how the throw of the M6 using the 250 lumens LA compares against the throw of the SRTH using N2. Sean, you probably can answer this.
Much thanks in advance.

- LLL

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't remember if I ever throw tested these two. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

I would say the SRTH would out-throw it, but I don't know by how much. The MN20 beam is pretty tight.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
The MN21 lamp (like the 10X full beam) producess a lot of light in a large beam, not a tight thin beam like a TigerLight or 9NT does.

The sheer amount of light produced by the M6 MN21 lamp make the beam more of a "wall of light" compared to a stab in the dark thin beam.

Do not be concerned.

Al

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Al,

Now I can't wait to lay my hands on an M6!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Regards,
Andy Ho
My Picture Gallery