Anyone still relying on their LumaPower MRV Sidekick?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Far from the Latest & Greatest, this light was really popular on CPF once. I was curious if anyone still uses it on a regular or at least semi-regular basis now that the honeymoon phase has clearly worn off.

Any issues cropped up over the years? Would you still recommend it to others?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Damn!

Looks like I got my answer. It was a great flavor of the Month when it was popular. But clearly folks moved on quite awhile ago.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am! Hope not too late to revive this thread. I wanted to see what the present day equivalent and/or improvement was to this category of light. I am still impressed by the throw and useful spill of this light. Anyone out there who can shed some light on this? Pun intended

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'm still around on CPF. Hate to say it though, but 2 1/2 years with one reply.... Looks like you're the only one still relying on it. Of all the Flavor Of The Month lights ever introduced, I really thought the SideKick would be one of those very rare few to enjoy long-term use.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've bought and sold lots of lights and the fact I still have this means something, so there must be others!

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still around on CPF. Hate to say it though, but 2 1/2 years with one reply.... Looks like you're the only one still relying on it. Of all the Flavor Of The Month lights ever introduced, I really thought the SideKick would be one of those very rare few to enjoy long-term use.

I had a couple over the years and really wanted to like them as the concept of a well-designed host with light engine upgrades to economically keep pace with LED advances was very appealing. However, the reflector design (narrow beam angle) and module offerings didn't work out for me. I switched to the Deerelight DBS and enjoyed them for a couple years until they also faded from view.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I still have a Dereelight CL1H v.4, and to this day it is by far the most comfortable light in the hand. Another light that I was sad to see was just a Flavor of the Month. The company lasted a bit longer. But not by much. :(

JohnnyMac

Newly Enlightened
Unfortunately, with the rapid rate of improvements in LEDs and drivers, nearly all lights become flavors of the month. There is always something better just around the corner and while I may love a particular light one month, another light I get later quickly exceeds it and replaces it in my arsenal of "go to" lights. I fear it's the nature of the beast. A light that was great a couple years ago is still just as great a light. It's just not as great when compared to some of my newer lights. I have so many lights now that the vast majority of them just don't get the love they once had or still deserve. In a way, I miss the days when I only had a few good lights at my disposal. Sad thing is (mainly for my wife that has to put up with my lights all over the house) is that I just can't seem to part with any of them. :)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I know how you feel about not being able to part with any of them.