Olight XML -U2 module worth it?

Predaqtor1

Newly Enlightened
First off, just want to say hi as I'm new here. I'm sure I will probably ask some dumb questions but I am trying to learn from the awesome info here.

I recently purchased a Olight M20 Crimson. After looking around at the Olight site I see they offer a XML-U2 module for the M20(Crimson) for $39. Pondering wether this would be cost effective. It would make the light more usable instead of just being a designated hunting light but for $39 I can buy a whole new light from one of the cheaper companies. Any input appreciated.

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Hi Pred, and welcome to CPF ! :welcome:

I would suggest that it's probably best to keep the Crimson as a dedicated hunting light and get yourself a separate white light. If you switch modules you will only ever have one light at your disposal, and when you have the white module fitted, you'll find yourself wanting to use red, and vice-versa.

I use the Crimson (for astronomy rather than hunting), and find it's much better to have two lights* each dedicated to a separate task, rather than one do-it-all light, especially if that means switching modules.

[* once you've been here for a while, you'll quickly see that this is CPF-speak for "several" ]

firelord777

Enlightened
Hi Pred, and welcome to CPF ! :welcome:

I would suggest that it's probably best to keep the Crimson as a dedicated hunting light and get yourself a separate white light. If you switch modules you will only ever have one light at your disposal, and when you have the white module fitted, you'll find yourself wanting to use red, and vice-versa.

I use the Crimson (for astronomy rather than hunting), and find it's much better to have two lights* each dedicated to a separate task, rather than one do-it-all light, especially if that means switching modules.

[* once you've been here for a while, you'll quickly see that this is CPF-speak for "several" ]

+1 good vocabulary term too;)