• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: KL4 + TWAK L-III @ 900mA

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
I offer for sale a piece created by our venerable Chop. It is a cosmetically flawless KL4 head modded by replacing the LED with a TWAK-bin 3-watt Luxeon emitter. The color of this LED has just the slightest hint of blue. The stock control circuitry is used with the exception that it has been modified to run at 900 mA. Chop recommends that because of this change to the stock circuitry, that you only power it with a single cell. This makes the head suitable for the E1E body or an E2E/L4 using a single lithium ion cell.

This unit throws a focused beam with a bright hotspot. Unlike a stock KL4, the hotspot is solid, without any hint of donut. There is plenty of useful sidespill unlike units which use the Fraen LP optic. Light throw is better than a stock KL4 although one must keep in mind that the miniscule size of the KL4 reflector is the limiting factor in this respect.

SOLD - Thanks for looking!
I'm asking $120 if paying by MO and $125 if paying by PayPal, shipped. I will include the original, undamaged 5W emitter should you ever wish to have the unit returned to stock. Although...a 5W running at 900mA.

Here is a photo of the stock head on the left and the L-III mod on the right.

fa55693f.jpg

Here is a photo of the KL4 in action.
fa513eea.jpg

Here is the TWAK'd KL4. Also about 18" from the road atlas.
fa513ee8.jpg

Here is the stock KL4 pointed at a planter about 10-11' away in pitch dark.
fa513d85.jpg

And again, the TWAK'd KL4.
fa513d83.jpg

Please PM with your interest.

Thanks for looking.

Wilkey

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: KL4 + TWAK L-III @ 900mA

Nascar,

Yeah, confusing. Ginseng's light (as I have read elsewhere) uses a boost circuit. The highest voltage for regulated operation is Vf, which as you know is around 4 volts at 900 mA. That makes this light very nice for use with a Pila 168s.

Paul

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nascar,

This unit runs at 900mA, a mere 0.1A less than the one MR Bulk posted about. I have been in contact with Chop throughout all this and he stands behind his work. Any changes you'd want made to this setup, I believe he'll do. This includes changing the circuit to a Downboy or anything else you'd like.

Wilkey

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ginseng's KL4 was modded using the stock circuit. It was discovered (thanks to CM) that the stock circuit could be used for the 1W/3W mod if you only powered the KL4 with a single 123 or a single li-ion cell. This is the way that I run my KL4 mod, since I use pilas exclusively.

If you want to run the light on more battery power, you'll need to go with a buck converter.

The light that Mr. Bulk has was modified with a buck converter and will run on 2X123's up to 4X123's.

This light that Ginseng has is also flexible, but in a different way. You can run it on a single batt on an E1e body or on a li-ion on an E2e body.

It's a nice light.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Wilkey...

If the KL4 is available, I`ll take it.

Just let me know.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Carpe,

PM replied to.

Wilkey

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Ray...thank you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Wilkie...thank you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Sean...I wish you well, but I`m really glad to be one post ahead of you this time around. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Paypal has been sent (including shipping info), as well as a PM with shipping info. (From the "Department of Redundancy Department".)

Best wishes to all!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

And Chop...
Please excuse my exuberant haste. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

A big thanks to YOU as well!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Carpe Diem,

PayPal received! Your KL4-3 will go out first thing on Monday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wilkey

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Carpe Diem said:
Hi Ray...thank you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Wilkie...thank you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Sean...I wish you well, but I`m really glad to be one post ahead of you this time around. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Paypal has been sent (including shipping info), as well as a PM with shipping info. (From the "Department of Redundancy Department".)

Best wishes to all!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, ok, just keep me in mind when you get tired of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif