The Luminator - did anyone here send it?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
In my mailbox this afternoon, was a standard post office "Priority Mail" box (the smallest size they offer), with one of these in it:

lumin1.jpg

lumin2.jpg

It is a soft plastic device with a glow-in-the-dark material (probably strontium aluminate) impregnated in it.
And it's exactly 7" long.
The first picture was taken using the Luminator's own glow (shortly after charging it with a NUV flashlight); the second was taken with photoflash.

The plastic bag it came in reads:

Cold Light By Bruce
10 "The Luminator"
Lime Light afterglow

I'm not worried in the least about it, I just want to know who sent it, where it is on the internet (if it has any internet presence at all), and how much they cost so I can start a web page about it.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
if it really glows for 30h after light exposure this can be a big winner! looking forward to your results, Craig! Keep us posted!
bernhard

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
eluminator said:
Seeing how someone might think I did it, I decided to search the web for "cold light by bruce". Voila:
http://coldlightbybruce.com/

[/ QUOTE ]
I found this website not that long after I posted, but went and took a nap instead of posting here that I'd found the website. But I didn't see this particular product on the website, and I don't have the email address of who sent it (it's on his mailing stamp, but the middle 6-8 characters of it didn't come out readable).

So I've got one of the three criteria met. Now, to get those other two...who sent it, and the price. I can do without the price, but I'd sure like to know who sent it before I start assembling the web page so I can thank them.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I just received an email from the guy who sent that, so the mystery is now no more. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Looks like it'll go up on my website now. Probably under "Other glowing things", where the tritium Glow Rings and Zelandeth's fluorescent glow starters are. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like an interesting thing that. Could stick one on the door handle, inside of the car trunk lid (no point in one under the hood as there's a light there anyway - light in the engine bay, but not the trunk...yep, you did read that right), one by the light switches in the house (though mine is illuminated anyhow), one on the flashlight shelf...heck, could stick them things just about anyplace! Could be a real winner I think.

GITD tape is handy for those purposes, but I still haven't found a type that glows for long enough. Not so much of a problem these days though, got one of those flourescent emergency lighting fixtures in here, so if the power dies, it comes on (Normally waking me up in the middle of the night when it does...). Still, flourescents can fail, strontium aluminate can't.