Wolf Eyes Rattlesnake beats Surefire M3!!!

Catdaddy

Enlightened
I just got this light in the mail today. First impression are VERY GOOD!. Even the box is first class. The packaging is the most impressive I have ever seen in a flashlight. It is heavier than it looks. The over all length is the same as my Surefire M3 with the Charlie tail cap but weighs considerably more in my hands. It is a very solid torch. Oh, the LEDs in the tail switch are nice and white. More to come...

Wow, the lens on the main lamp is concaved! Hmmm.

I just did a quick review of my new Copia Wolf Eyes Rattlesnake and it is pretty impressive!

It is about the same size as my M3(MN11) with the Charlie tail cap. It beat my M3 in whiteness and was about even on throw. I checked voltage: the Rattlesnake -8.30 volts, the M3 -8.68 volts.

The LED tail cap is a little brighter than the Arc AAA and definitely more than my Surefire L1 in the low mode.

I have some pics of someone will email me to post them.

[email protected]

yclo

Flashaholic*
Did you get the normal black finish? The construction and finish is pretty nice on that, but I wonder how the clear button on the end will hold up after use.

Good purchase!
icon14.gif

-YC

nihraguk

Enlightened
to those who want to see the full size pictures, simply cut and paste the url of the photo and add .orig.jpg to it.

fcae8043.jpg

fcae803a.jpg

fcae802e.jpg

fcae8023.jpg

fcae8013.jpg

fcae8006.jpg

fcae7ffc.jpg

fcae7feb.jpg

nihraguk

Enlightened
HG: yes i believe you can!
smile.gif
i thought you wouldn't be able to, but apparently the rechargeable battery for the 9P has the same voltage as 3 123 cells so no lamp replacement is needed. i'm not sure if it can supply the current needed for the HOLA for the M3 or the P91 lamp though.

SUREFARC

Enlightened
I still prefer the M3 though! I would never trade it for a Wolf-eyes Rattlesnake.

Catdaddy

Enlightened
nihraguk,
Thank you for posting the pictures.
It does have a nicely textured reflector and has no rings whatsoever. The hot stop on the Rattlesnake is smaller than the M3, but it has a much larger and brighter carona.

The best thing about this light (other than the price) is the lithium ion batteries. The charger lights read when they are first inserted and turned green when charging was complete.

I was very uncomfortable about ordering from this Hong Kong company because they have no stateside phone number. In case any of you are feeling the same way. Relax. They kept me informed the whole time, sent a tracking number and emailed me everytime ststus changed.

nihraguk

Enlightened
catdaddy: you're welcome
smile.gif
this looks almost too good to be true...i'll have to get one sooner or later by hook or by crook! surefire performance in a rechargeable package!

Mr HG

Enlightened
Originally posted by nihraguk:
HG: yes i believe you can!
smile.gif
i thought you wouldn't be able to, but apparently the rechargeable battery for the 9P has the same voltage as 3 123 cells so no lamp replacement is needed. i'm not sure if it can supply the current needed for the HOLA for the M3 or the P91 lamp though.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ok! I'm gonna wait a while and see what happends before I go and order something.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M90 (Rattlesnake) would be 9AN killer if it uses pyrex lens. While the light last for 80 minutes on a single charge, its lens doesn't:-(

Nonetheless, the light is solid and bright, it feels good in hands.

Alan

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
AHA.....a 2 headed dog walking light that I have been in search of for a long time. Can both ends be on at the same time?

Catdaddy

Enlightened
Stingray,
Dog walking light is what this is for me! I have one small complaint with the two heads. When pushing the tail cap LED buttom to turn on the main lamp it also lights up the LED cap. This is a little distracting so I try to cover the LED with my thumb as I push it.

One nice touch that I forgot to mention. The LEDs glow in the dark for a while after being used or after having light shown on them from an external source. Must be glow paint.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys check this URL!

It´s the 6T Explorer, it has led tailcap and a clickie, here are the features:

6T Features:
Headlight - 80 lumens / 50 minutes constant on
4 x LED taillight - 3.5 lumens / 68 hours constant on
Aircraft grade aluminum construction
5-Mode switch
O-ring sealed, splash proof
weight with battery: 170g
Length: 127mm
Body diameter: 25.4mm
Head-cap diameter: 35mm
Tail-cap diameter: 30

here´s an image
6T-2.jpg

Am wondering if the led tailcap would fit an
original 6P

http://www.wolf-eyes.com/Wolf-Eyes/6TExplorer.htm

Catdaddy

Enlightened
AlexGT
The tail cap on my Rattlesnake will not fit the Surefire. I am not sure about the 6T model. It is probably the same.
John