Is it iPad flashlight illuminated by the screen?

Edwina

Newly Enlightened
I downloaded the latest flashlight software to IPAD4 on the Apple store. But why it only use the screen as flashlight instead use the back of the camera head?

inetdog

Enlightened
There are probably other apps that will use the LED fill light.
That is the case for Android phones.
But the screen provides a more diffuse light which is better for close use.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hear they are coming out with an ipad using 6 xm-l2 u2's that can crank 4500 lumens.

I'm usually right about these things

:ironic:

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
Wait which ipad are we talkin about this 3rd gen I'm on has flash..?
The 3rd gen iPad (A.K.A. The New iPad) does not have a flash unit. I disassembled several of these for repair, so I should know. Can you post a picture of the flash unit? Or the model number?
NwViB4Sl.jpg

Last edited:

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Sorry I'm way off base I was using myfiancés IPad but when I posted this I was looking at the back of my iPhone -.- you people have made me realize how much apple sucks that they only come out with seemingly old tech.. Your right this iPad air has no flash. This is a sad day for apple. :ironic:

cshehan

Newly Enlightened
I've never understood why anyone would use an iPad to take pictures anyway. It's like the most awkward camera in the world. The only reason to bother with a camera on an Ipad is the front facing camera for FaceTime.

I use the flash on the back of my cell phone as a flashlight if I need a quick light, but it's somewhat awkward to use as well. I much prefer a regular flashlight that I can set down or hold in my teeth so I can use both hands. Even the cheapest $5 dollar led flashlight is better than the flash in a phone or tablet for almost any task, not to mention smartphones and tablets are already power hungry enough without using a very bright led!