Several questions (scorpion / M6)

chrisse242

Enlightened
First I want to say hello to everybody, and to tell you that I like this board very much. I learned so much by reading cpf the last few weeks. Thanks to all you guys. Please forgive me if my english is not perfect all the time, I can't practice it as often as I would like to.
And now let's come to some questions. I'm in search for some good rechargeable light. I'm quite sure it will be the scorpion / stinger bulb / pila li-ion combination I read about at cpf. Does anybody have some long-time experience with this combination? Did anybody do runtime-tests? Will the light survive 20-30 minutes non-stop-running(or even longer) or is the Lens going to melt?
What I really like about this idea, is the possibility to easily switch back to the normal scorpion bulb and cr123's if the pila is out of power.

Another, though non-rechargeable option could be the peli M6. I don't like the original tailcap an would need some clickie for it. As I don't own a credit card (still quite unusual for students in Germany) it would be hard to get one of those custom switches I read about. I found out that the Z49 works on the M6 but doesn't fit it perfectly. So I thought about using the pila-tailcap (sold as wolf-eyes in Germany, but as far as I could see, there's no difference). Does anybody know if this tailcap works on an M6 and fits it better than the Z49?

That's it for today, thanks in advance,

Christian

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
for the M6 clikie solution try
this.

Kroll-module.jpg

paulr

Flashaholic
You could also look at the Pila lights, or if you don't mind a slightly bigger light, get a Polystinger.