SureFire Products for 2014

chnzwh

Newly Enlightened
Just came home from work and logged onto Youtube, the first thing popped up in my homepage was SureFire's 2014 new products video!

Not a ton of new handheld lights, but the R2 Lawman certainly looks interesting with the "VOC Variable Output tailcap". Anybody has a clue about it?

The R2 Lawman with VOC tailcap
R2_zpsbc87498d.png

Last edited:

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
The VOC tailcap looks interesting. Hopefully they have one at the Shot Show and someone gets a video of how it works. Is it infinitely variable?

SoCalDep

Newly Enlightened
I think they are still working on the VOC tailcap. It is described in the catalog as (basically) an infinitely variable control ring where one stop allows momentary-on high, and other positions turn on constant ramping up in intensity. A press of the tailcap in any position turns on high. The one R2 at the show seemed to work differently...it was simply an easier version of the traditional Surefire momentary switch system. With the tailcap twisted to one direction, pressing the tailcap switch activates the light in momentary mode. Twisting the tailcap to the other stop activates constant-on. There is a barrel switch that will change modes in constant-on.

Doesn't sound all that exciting, but I actually really liked it.

I also really liked the rechargeable "Peacekeeper" lights. They are ~800 lumen lights with a rechargeable "Lithium-Ion" battery.

I haven't seen the P3X lights available now, but I was happy to see some knurling return to the P3Xs at the show. It seemed that they have returned "due to popular demand". :)

Last edited: