Flashlight Scoop. NEW TWIST on an OLD FAVORITE

Check this out. I am posting this here because I thought everyone would like to see what certain people are getting. http://www.countycomm.com/x5tha.htm
We don't have any for sale (but am working on it). I don't even own myself. I took the pictures when Nick left for lunch. That will teach him to not lock his office. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sweet... now I have my finger crossed too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Can you disclose how many your client took delivery on?

-Mike

paulr

Flashaholic
Wow, cool. Can someone explain the "sterile" (no markings) thing? I mean, anyone who looks at that light is going to know it's an X5T.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gee, whoever could "the client" be? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
More to the point, what type of LEDs are in that thing?

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like it....

Paulr--sterile, nothing can officially be traced back to manufacturer or country of origin.

-Jason

Bill.H

Enlightened
Now THIS is a real X5T!

(I just have this thing about the "T" word being used as a marketing gimmick)

I like how the bracket fits the flats, couldn't do that with the old grooves. Does it mar the finish at all, or is that why it was requested in HA? Scratches could get shiny.

Frank, tell Nick to get his butt in gear on these things /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif We are waiting!!
Looks like this could become a real collector's item.

Edited to add:
Overload - follow Frank's link (first post) to see this pictorially compared to the x5T, also the countycomm X5 page has a pic of the original X5

Bill.H

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
ChrisM said:
Why do the LED's on the new X5T-HA look cloudy?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's just a reflection of the wall around it. See how the ones in the X5 look almost as if there was mercury inside?

Just got back from a trip. I am surprised at the amount of interest. I thought I was the only one who thought it was cool. Bill.H is correct on the LEDs. Brightness seems about the same as my standard X5T. I am still working on getting a few through a couple of sources. If I am able to get some extras to resell they will probably be priced around the same price as the the standard X5T. (Note the words "if" and "probably".) If I am able to get some, it probably won't be this year. Sorry, Frank

Side Note: The "T" of "X5T" officially stands for: TAIL CAP SWITCH. Something the original X5s did not have. But TACTICAL TAILCAP is way more fun.