Faulty Olight M22 torch - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingnutwarrior

Newly Enlightened
I have just bought a brand new Olight M22 warrior torch.

I put in a freshly charged 4000mah ultrafire battery and turned it on. The torch comes with 3 modes (low-medium-high) and a strobe setting.

When i turned it on the full beam came on and without touching anything approx 6 seconds later it switched itself onto strobe mode.
It keeps turning itself onto strobe mode without me touching anything.
I managed to switch strobe mode off but then the torch wouldnt cycle through the 3 mode settings.

I have tried putting tape around the battery to make sure its a snug fit but it made no difference.

I checked that there was no loose soldering around the switch in the tail cap and i made sure the tailcap was nice and tight.

Now, im at a loss.

Any ideas???

ven

Flashaholic
Hi there,i would be looking at the battery 1st,the ultrafire will not be 4000mah to start,these cells are dangerous and should be avoided.Look into a decent cell like the panasonic 3400 protected for example.Or any decent branded cell,this i think should solve issue,sure more will advise.......

Capolini

Banned
Hi there,i would be looking at the battery 1st,the ultrafire will not be 4000mah to start,these cells are dangerous and should be avoided.Look into a decent cell like the panasonic 3400 protected for example.Or any decent branded cell,this i think should solve issue,sure more will advise.......
+1 I have this torch and I learned to ALWAYS use genuine Panasonic cells. I started w/ ultrafire because I did not know any better! Those batteries were ALL taken to Radio Shack for PERMANENT recycling!

Good luck to OP! :)

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi, please go and clean the threads and contacts at the head end, its where all the mode switching takes place - as im sure you know, and if there is any grease/oil residue it can affect the mode changing. also with above the ultrafires might struggle to supply the current needed on high for any length of time.
when the batterys in the m22 get low the light go's into a flicker state like strobe.

jimp

Newly Enlightened
hi, did you ever sort this out as mine is doing the same.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
The OP has not visited CPF since 1/15/14. Look for other threads that may have similar issues. Or post a new thread. Welcome to CPF. :)

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.