• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: P60 Drop In with Nichia UV 365 NM LED

Inkidu

Newly Enlightened
If you can get a Nichia UV 365 NM LED and can make a P60 drop in, MESSAGE ME! :D

You might try to also ask for a Led Engin uv led.
They are becoming more powerful. They also are readily available in small numbers and on smaller boards. They just came out with more powerful one ( I have the older one)
I used one with a buck boost driver (ebay Ti chip) in a P60 with Schott uv bandpass filter (I think the filter is for cameras or telescopes)
You can't even tell the led is on unless it is pointed at something white and it is plenty powerful. I have had problems with the focus i.e. donuts
I would have a hard time selling mine.
Hope this helps.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cutter sell the LZ1-10U600 365nm LED Engin LEDs. $40 when bought in a minimum group of 10.

The Vf of these emitters can be as high as 4.8V at 700mA. http://www.ledengin.com/files/products/LZ1/LZ1-00U600.pdf

If there is any interest I can build P60 drop-ins using this LED and a custom driver inside the standard P60 shells that you can buy from just about anywhere.

Cost would be parts plus shipping and maybe $5-$10 a pop for assembly seen as I would use a custom driver.

- Matt

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could you please describe what that means in more simpler terms? I am interested, but I am not that savy with all of the terms. Are the LED's $40 each or $40 for 10? I am lost as to the power of these LED's. Maybe a comparison if you could as what 4.8v at 700 mAh means. Thank you for your patience and understanding. :D

AndyF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could you please describe what that means in more simpler terms? I am interested, but I am not that savy with all of the terms. Are the LED's $40 each or $40 for 10? I am lost as to the power of these LED's. Maybe a comparison if you could as what 4.8v at 700 mAh means. Thank you for your patience and understanding. :D

I'm pretty sure they are $40 each.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi

I know this thread was for Nichia's but since ledengin was mentioned I thought I would add we have carried these LedEngin for awhile now at the store. http://customlites.com/P60-Led-Engin-365nm-UV-P60-CR-UV.htm we just don't carry Nichia's anymore because of the Very high cost of emitters and difficulty in acquiring from Nichia America. Our picture on the site still says Cree UV just have not taken a new pic:)

While the spec sheet above lists 3.5 for a VF ours was listed as 4.1 volts VF (newest version) and we have found that a single li ion may not furnish full power since the drivers needs a bit of overhead. We have gone to putting a 3.6- 12 volt one level in ours so we are assured of full power so from 2Xprimaries up to 12 volts.

Did not mean to hijack thread just add to what is here.

thanks

Dave

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the info Dave! :thumbsup:

What is the run time like on 2x18650's or 2x18500's?