Surfire G2/Malkoff 61WL battery drain

Stockhouse13

Newly Enlightened
Hey folks- New member here but have been a lurker for a looonnng time. :eek:

I currently have a G2 running 2x123's with a Malkoff 61WL (sweeeeet beam...btw).
I recently got a Z59 tailcap for it and was curious as to anyone's experience with battery parasidic drain if left storing with the tailcap fully seated/tightend.

Thanks !!!!

Jay

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've searched here, and found nothing with regards to parasitic drain with the Z59 tailcap. I've had that same tailcap on my 6P for a couple of years and have not noticed any parasitic drain.

Have you?

flashlight chronic

Enlightened
I store my 6P Defender w/ the tailcap locked out, just 1/8th of a turn should do it. Of course when it's on my nightstand, I keep it fully tightened.

Stockhouse13

Newly Enlightened
I've searched here, and found nothing with regards to parasitic drain with the Z59 tailcap. I've had that same tailcap on my 6P for a couple of years and have not noticed any parasitic drain.

Have you?

The light combination is new to me so just was wondering. Probably a non issue but was curious about storage and not having to unscrew the tailcap partially if not needed.. Thanks.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gotcha - you'll be fine. If you're planning on storing it for long durations, go ahead and unscrew (lock out) the tailcap. But, if you're using it almost daily, no harm at all in leaving it ready for action.