Surefire L5 beamshots (w/L4 & L6)

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to Dan at TacticalWarehouse I got my L5 today. Very nice. Runs head to head with the L6. The L6 is a bit tighter and has a longer run-time, but the L5 comes very close in a smaller package for less money.

Here are some shots from my web site.

Indoor shots are at 20', outdoor are at ~45-50':
l5beamshots.jpg

Here are some close ups:
l5beams2.jpg

Middle shot is at about ~10':
l5group.jpg

KL5 on an L4 (or E2e) body with an E2C adapter:
e2ckl5e.jpg

Dan is the Man! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
l5fromtw.jpg

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
leng said:
Sean,

nice pics!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. BTW, what the heck is that a picture of under your name? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

leng

Newly Enlightened
ahhh Sean, it's a sniper cat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
if ya want I can email you the larger pic

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
leng said:
ahhh Sean, it's a sniper cat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
if ya want I can email you the larger pic

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
That first set of beamshots is great. Probably the first L4 beamshot I've seen that shows "what it really looks like", and gives me a much better idea of the L5 and L6's beams, since I haven't had the opportunity to see them in person.
Very nice. Thank you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

EvilLithiumMan

Enlightened
Sean,

Thank you for this great series of comparision shots. I have been having a tough time deciding between the L5 or the L6. I was leaning towards the L5, but it is becoming more obvious to me that I am just another lilly-livered lumen lover. I'm going with the L6.

GuyInBlack

Newly Enlightened
Very nice/interesting comparison.

As for deciding between them, they look so nice, I'll still probably have to try and get all 3. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I love the look of the KL5 + E2C + L4 body. I think that's how I'm going to deploy mine. With the E2C and the L4/E2E/E2O body, I can't think of a more modular light out there. With one body and a single adapter, I have so many configurations available.

JanCPF

Enlightened
Thank you Sean. Very nice beamshots. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif As far as I can se both the L5 and L6 also have a faint doughnut hole like the L4. I don't care really but it's interesting that it's there.

Not to highjack the thread and not to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dedhorse.gif but now we have to figure out a way to run that L6 beast on Li-Ions and still get a good runtime in regulation.

A19 + 2x168s? But the voltage may be to low to run it in regulation.

KL6 modded with boost conv. + A19 + 2x168s? But then you probably can't put in 3x123 any more.

KL6 modded with buck/boost conv. + A19 + 2x168s? But then it may be too inefficient to get long runtime.

Any ideas what would be the way to go?

Jan
PS. Admins: please feel free to move this post to "...batt...".

sigp6

Newly Enlightened
My L4 has the donut hole, my L6 does not. Now I need to get an L5 so I can complete the donut hole comparison. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

torment

Newly Enlightened
Awesome pics...I always show my friends your website. Keep um coming! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent shots Sean! They really show the beams very well. Some of the best comparative shots I've seen.

BTW, now that I see it, the KL5 on the L4 body looks way unbalanced. I wonder how it looks on a 6P HA.

Wilkey

jtice

Flashaholic
WEll,,

I pronounce SEAN the KING of BEAMSHOTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are VERY nice !!!
I have always loved your little building pics.

May I add these wonderful shots to my BeamShot DataBase?